As we navigate through the constantly evolving COVID-19 pandemic situation, we are adapting our operations
to continue offering the essential products and services that our customers and communities need at a time when they need us the most.
While doing so, our top priority remains the health and safety of our dedicated associates and valued customers.
Here are several of the measures we have rolled out in response to the current situation:
Note To Healthcare Workers
In the current context, Lowe’s temporarily provides all first responders and healthcare workers who present a badge or employee ID showing they are a first responder with the opportunity to go to the front of the line at any of its locations where a line up has formed to enter its stores. First responders are defined as police officers, firefighters, emergency medical service personnel, and healthcare workers, including doctors, nurses, hospital employees, and pharmacists.
Increased cleaning and sanitizing of our stores
Having clean and safe stores is a constant priority. In addition to our daily cleaning efforts, we increased the amount of time our associates and third-party vendors spend cleaning and disinfecting our stores, especially in our most frequented areas such as checkout lanes, restrooms, and associate break rooms. These measures include, among others:
- The regular cleaning and disinfection of all door handles, phones, workstations, credit card devices, shopping cart handles and seats, as well as highly touched displays.
- The disinfection of equipment and surfaces at checkout—such as PIN pads, counters, scanners, and registers—after every customer interaction.
Clear guidelines for our associates
In line with public health authorities' recommendations, we have clear guidelines in place regarding self-isolation and hand washing to avoid the spread of the virus, including the need for all our cashiers to wash their hands at least once an hour.
Social distancing measures
In accordance with public health authorities' recommendations, we have implemented decisive social distancing measures to keep a 2-metre distance between each of our associates and customers.
- Signs reminding everyone to follow adequate social distancing and safety measures are posted at stores' entrances, checkout lanes, registers, sales/service and return desks, as well as in aisles.
- We are limiting the number of customers allowed inside our stores at the same time.
- We installed floor markers to assist customers in evaluating adequate distancing, as well as plexiglass shields over our checkout counters and other high-interaction areas such as customer service and Pro counters.
- Overhead announcements are broadcasted to remind our customers and associates of the importance of social distancing.
Contact-free delivery and pickup options
To minimize contact between associates and customers, we temporarily adapted our processes for delivery and store pickups.
- We now offer a contact-free home delivery experience for items that are not eligible for parcel delivery, such as appliances and patio sets. To protect the health and safety of our customers and delivery teams, social distancing is used during the delivery process, and temporary, alternate protocols have been put in place to forgo the need for customers’ signatures. Products are now being delivered to the first covered area of customers’ homes, garage or outside (if applicable to the product type). If customers require placement or connections of their appliances (when applicable), we also offer this option, however it must be requested at the time of placing the order or when calling to set up the delivery time as the carriers will need to complete a screening process in advance of actual delivery to protect the health and safety of customers and delivery teams.
- We now offer curbside pickup for online orders so that customers can leverage our Click & Collect option without having to enter our stores.
To learn more about Lowe's Canada's actions and measures in response to COVID-19, click here.