"Get a chance to win a Broil King BBQ" Contest
Official Rules - Amended Version
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. MATHEMATICAL SKILL TESTING QUESTION REQUIRED.
- Contest Organizer: The contest organizer of the "Get a chance to win a Broil King BBQ" contest (the "Contest") is Lowe’s Companies Canada, ULC and Lowe’s 220 Limited Partnership, both having their head office located at 220 Chemin du Tremblay, Boucherville, Quebec, J4B 8H7 (the "Organizer");
- Eligibility: Only legal residents of Canada (except for Yukon, Northwest Territories and Nunavut) who are at least the legal age of majority in their province of residence at the time of entry are eligible to enter the Contest. The Organizer and its related entities, subcontractors, mandataries, or representatives involved in the organization of the Contest or the provision of a Prize (as defined below), as well as their employees and any other person domiciled at the same address as the persons mentioned above are not eligible to enter into the Contest. Advertising and promotional agencies as well as any other person engaged in the development, production or distribution of materials related to this Contest are considered subcontractors of the Organizer.
At any time, the Organizer may, for the purposes of the Contest, request proof of the identity or eligibility of any person entering the Contest (the "Entrant"). Failure to provide proof within five (5) days following such a request by the Organizer may result in the Entrant’s disqualification, at the Organizer’s sole discretion. All information provided by the Entrant to the Organizer must be true, accurate and complete. The Organizer reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant whose entry is received outside the Contest Period (as defined below) or contains false, inaccurate or incomplete information.
- Timing: The Contest begins on March 16, 2020 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") and ends on March 29th, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the "Contest Period"). Organizer’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Contest.
- How to Enter: No purchase is necessary to enter the Contest. To enter the Contest, the Entrant will need a device that can access the Internet and the webpage of the Contest on the Organizer’s website accessible at https://www.lowes.ca/promo/bbq-contest (the "Page"). It is possible to obtain a free access to Internet in various public locations, including many municipal libraries. Once on the Page, the Entrant must fill and submit the entry form and ensure he reaches the page confirming the successful transmission of the entry.
By entering the Contest, each Entrant agrees that all entries become the property of the Organizer and that the Entrant contribution will not necessarily be acknowledged. By entering the Contest, each Entrant grants Organizer a worldwide, perpetual, royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive license to post, publish, adapt, edit, make derivative works and/or otherwise use the entry in any manner, including copyright, and in any media now known or hereafter developed. Further, by entering the Contest, the Entrant hereby waives any moral rights the Entrant may have in its entry in favor of the Organizer
Limit: Each Entrant may enter one (1) time the Contest during the Contest Period (multiple entries will not increase your chances of winning). Multiple Entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any Entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses or identities, or any other method will void that Entrant's entries and that Entrant will be disqualified. A proxy shall not be named for the purposes of this Contest. The use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Any individual tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or acting in violation of the Rules of this Contest or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner will be disqualified from the Contest. Unless it arises from the act of the Organizer or its representative, neither Organizer nor any of its affiliates nor any of their representatives will be responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected registrations, which will be disqualified.
- Alternate method of entry. Instead of entering as indicated in section 5 above, an Entrant may enter the Contest by sending a letter to the Organizer including Entrant’s name, address, postal code, phone number and email. This letter must also contain an original handwritten note of at least fifty (50) words indicating why the Entrant wishes to win one of the Prizes. This entry must be received by the Organizer before the expiry of the Contest Period. This alternate method of entry is not available for Entrants who entered as indicated in section 5 above. Limit of one entry per Entrant using this alternate method of entry. The entry must be sent to:
"Get a chance to win a Broil King BBQ" contest
Attention: Michelle Maltais
220, Chemin du Tremblay
Boucherville, Quebec, J4B 8H7
- Prize: There is one (1) prize to be won. The Prize consists of Baron 420 Broil King BBQ 40,000 BTU. The total value of the Prize is estimated at $699. Organizer reserves the right to substitute a Prize for a prize of equal or greater value if the Prize should become unavailable for any reason whatsoever. Winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with the receipt or the use of a Prize, if any.
- Selection: On March 31st, 2020 at 10 a.m. ET, the Entrant will be selected in a random drawing by the Organizer at 220 Chemin du Tremblay, Boucherville, Qc, J4B 8H7. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible people participating in the draw. Limit one Prize per Entrant.
- Verification of Potential Winner: In order to be declared a winner, any selected Entrant must:
- be contacted by the Organizer by email or telephone within five (5) business days of the draw. If the Entrant cannot be reached within the prescribed time, he will automatically lose his Prize without any recourse or other form of compensation. His participation will be cancelled and a second Entrant will be selected. If the second Entrant cannot be reached within five (5) business days of the second draw, his participation will be cancelled and a third Entrant will be selected under the same conditions. If the third selected Entrant cannot be reached within five (5) business days of the third draw, such Prize will not be awarded;
- have accepted the Prize as described in these Rules. The selected Entrant will not be able to request that a Prize be transferred to another person, substituted for another prize or other goods or services, or exchanged in whole or in part for cash or any other form of compensation;
- have completed and signed a declaration and release form (the "Form") that will be sent to him by email or otherwise and have returned it to the Organizer within the time indicated in the letter accompanying the Form; and
- correctly answer, without any help, the mathematical skill-testing question which will be found on the Form. A wrong answer will result in the disqualification of the Entrant.
Failure to comply with any of the conditions mentioned in these Rules or to accept the Prize will result in the selected Entrant being disqualified. In such an event, the Organizer may choose not to award the Prize or, if time permits, to proceed with the drawing of another Entrant who shall comply with the procedure described in this section 9, the whole until an Entrant is declared a winner of the Prize, in compliance with these Rules.
- Prize award: Within five (5) business days following the receipt of the duly completed and signed Form and the right response to the mathematical skill-testing question, the Organizer will communicate with each Prize winner in order to take the necessary arrangements for the delivery of the Prizes to the winners, which will be done by mail or by another method agreed upon between the Entrant and the Organizer.
- Prize refusal: An Entrant’s refusal to accept a Prize, in whole or in part, releases the Organizer from all obligations related to the awarding of such Prize or part thereof to that Entrant or to any other Entrant.
- Publicity: Except where prohibited, by entering in the Contest, the selected Entrant consents to Organizer’s and its agents’ use of selected Entrant’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and province/territory for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration
- General Conditions: The Contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations in the province of Quebec .The Organizer reserves the right, with the authorization of the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux, or any other government authority having jurisdiction, when required, to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part thereof, in an event of force majeure or superior force, if any fraud, technical failure, human error or any other circumstance impairs the fairness, integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, if the Contest cannot be carried out as originally planned or to ensure compliance with federal, provincial and municipal legislation, or with the policy of an entity with jurisdiction over the Organizer. Without limiting the foregoing, any entry after the system has defaulted for any reason whatsoever is deemed an inadmissible entry, is void and will not give the right to any Prize. The Organizer will not be held responsible if an event results in the cancellation of the Contest or if other factors that are reasonably beyond the Organizer’s control result in the Contest or any part of the Contest not being fully completed. Any attempt to damage the legitimate operation of this Contest may constitute an infringement of civil or criminal law, and, in such an event, the Organizer reserves the right to claim damages to the full extent permitted by law. Organizer’s failure to enforce any term of these Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that term.
- Release: By entering the Contest, the Entrant: A) agrees to waive any liability of the Organizer, its affiliates as well as their suppliers, distributors, advertising or promotional agencies, and each of their officers, directors, employees and mandataries (collectively, the "Exempt Parties") with respect to any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, damage to or destruction of the property that results directly or indirectly from participating in the Contest or the receipt or use or misuse of a Prize, unless it is a consequence of the Organizer’s act or the act of his representative; and B) promises to fully compensate the Exempt Parties for any claims made by third parties as a result of the Entrant’s entry in this Contest, including, but not limited to, those resulting from an Entrant’s fault.
- Limitations of Liability: Unless it is a consequence of the Organizer’s act or the act of his representative, the Released Parties will not be responsible for: i) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by any Entrant, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; ii) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; iii) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; iv) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; v) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any prize.
- Disputes – In Quebec Only For Quebec Entrants only, any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the board only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
- Disputes Subject to section 16, Entrant agrees that: i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any Prize awarded shall be resolved by the courts of the province of Quebec; ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs solely associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and iii) under no circumstances Entrant will be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. Validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Entrant and Organizer in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the province of Quebec and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the province of Québec or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any other jurisdiction. If any provision(s) of these Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect.
- List of Winners: The list of winners may be obtained by an Entrant by submitting a letter including a postage prepaid return letter to the address indicated in section 6 above within thirty (30) days of the date of the draw.
- Intellectual Property: All intellectual property and all promotional materials, web pages and source code are the property of the Organizer and its related entities. All rights reserved. The unauthorized use of copying of any copyrighted material or trademarks without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited. Lowe’s Canada is a registered trademark which is owned by LF, LCC, an entity related to Lowe's.
- Access to the Rules: The most recent version of these Rules is available online at: www.lowes.ca/bbqcontest