This is an insulated band-style drum heater specifically designed to fit a 68-L drum. The heater is built for use with 120 V AC, drawing 1.5 A thus producing 180 W. It has a preset thermostat set to maintain a maximum temperature up to 145 °F / 63 °C (± 10° F/5° C). One band on the drum will usually run cooler than 145 °F because it only covers part of the barrel. Placing a second one further up the drum, above the first band, will generally decrease the time to heat and increase the maximum temperature your product reaches. Sometimes one is good enough, other times you might want to use two depending on your application. This insulated band-style drum heater allows you to safely control the temperature of expensive chemicals and other fluids; it delivers a barrier of directional heat where it’s needed most – preventing fluids from freezing and maintaining optimal temperatures.
- Quickly heat materials to a preset maximum temperature of 63 °C/ 145 °F ( ±10 °F/5 °C)
- Safe to use on poly drums
- Provide an insulated full-wrap design
- Deliver uniform heat to temperature-sensitive products
- Preserve expensive materials without scorching or burning
- Prevent waste by maintaining consistent temperatures
- ETL certified to UL/CSA/CE safety standards