This disinfection light by Fine Art Lighting(R) features Ultraviolet Germicidal Irradiation(UVGI) technology. UVGI is a disinfection method that uses short-length Ultraviolet wave(UVC) to kill or neutralize microorganisms by destroying nucleic acids and disrupting their DNA, leaving them unable to perform vital cellular functions. UV is categorized into several wavelength ranges, with short wavelength (200nm to 280nm) UV(UVC) considered "germicidal UV". Ultraviolet(UV) light is electromagnetic radiation with wavelength shorter than visible light but longer than X-Ray. Wavelengths between 200nm to 300nm are strongly absorbed by nucleic acids. The absorbed energy can results in defects in microorganisms including bacteria, viruses, mites, molds and other pathogens. Limited one-year warranty.
- 15/30/45/60 min time settings. Remote control and built-in 10 second delay allows user to safely leave area before disinfection begins.
- Smart Motion Sensor - Operation will automatically stop if children, pets, or other objects enter the disinfection area, then restart after the area is clear.
- High Disinfection Power, 55W UVC waves clean a 650 square foot area within 1 hour. 99.9% disinfection effectiveness
- Metal base and housing is durable, sturdy, resistant against yellowing or aging
- ETL/cETL approved and U.S. EPA certified. Full compliance with published North American industry standards.
- Ozone free – No unpleasant smell after disinfection
- Three prong plug prevents electric shock and human injury
- Warning: UV radiation can pose a risk of personal injury. Excess exposure to ultraviolet light can cause skin irritation or eye damage. Do not look directly at the UVC light.