Lowe’s Holiday Contest
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. MATHEMATICAL SKILL TESTING QUESTION REQUIRED.
1. Contest Organizer: The contest organizer of the Lowe’s Holiday Contest (the “Contest”) is Lowe's Companies Canada, ULC and Lowe’s 220 Limited Partnership both having their head office located at 220 Chemin du Tremblay, Boucherville, Quebec, J4B 8H7 (collectively the “Organizer”).
2. Eligibility: Only residents of Canada (excluding Quebec, Yukon, the Northwest Territories and Nunavut) who are at least the legal age of majority in their province of residence at the time of entry are eligible to enter the Contest. The Organizer and its parent and affiliate companies, its suppliers, distributors, advertising or promotional agencies, agents or representatives involved in the Contest or the provision of a Prize (as defined below), as well as their respective employees and any other person of the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) or household members of such employees (domiciled at the same address) are not eligible to enter into the Contest.
At any time, the Organizer may, for the purposes of the Contest, request proof of the identity or eligibility of any person entering the Contest (the “Entrant”). Failure to provide proof within five (5) days following such a request by the Organizer may result in the Entrant’s disqualification, at the Organizer’s sole discretion. All information provided by the Entrant to the Organizer must be true, accurate and complete. The Organizer reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant whose entry is received outside the Contest Period (as defined below) or contains false, inaccurate or incomplete information.
3. Timing: The Contest begins on November 12, 2019 at 00:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on November 26, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the “Contest Period”). The servers of the Platform (as defined below) are the official time keeping devices for this Contest.
Once the Entrant has an Account, the Entrant who wishes to enter the Contest must, during the Contest Period:
- Follow the Organizer’s account (@Lowes_Canada) on the Platform, if Entrant does not already;
- Post a comment indicating Entrant’s favorite holiday trend among “First Frost”, “Snowed In” and “Reindeer Games” under a publication referring to the Contest published by the Organizer's account on the Platform.
The Organizer will not receive entries that fail to strictly follow the entry instructions set forth in these Rules and the Organizer will assume no liability in this regard.
Any comment or answer of an Entrant posted on the Organizer’s publications must comply with the following restrictions:
- The comment or answer may not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to, intellectual property, publicity or privacy rights.
- The post shall not be disparaging to any person or entity.
- The post shall not communicate any messages or images inconsistent with the positive image and/or goodwill to which Organizer wishes to associate.
Comments and social media posts that contain information that is deemed to be lewd or profane; contain material that violates or infringes on another’s rights, including privacy, publicity or intellectual property; material that is hateful or defamatory; material that promotes bigotry, racism, or harm against a group or individual or promotes discrimination; or material that is unlawful or in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any province of Canada, will be disqualified from the Contest, as determined solely by Organizer. By entering the Contest, the Entrant represents and warrants that its entry is original and does not contain any material which may violate or infringe the rights of any third party, including copyright, trademarks, publicity rights and privacy.
Organizer reserves the right to remove any comment, post or other content that is unlawful or in violation of these Rules. Social media posts of an Entrant containing such prohibited content and/or otherwise deemed by Organizer, in its sole discretion, to be inappropriate will cause the Entrant to be disqualified. Organizer makes the final determination as to what entries are eligible to take part in the Contest. By entering the Contest, each Entrant agrees that all entries become the property of the Organizer and that the Entrant’s contribution will not necessarily be acknowledged. By entering the Contest, each Entrant grants the Organizer a worldwide, perpetual, royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive license to post, publish, adapt, edit, make derivative works and/or otherwise use the entry in any manner, including copyright, and in any media now known or hereafter developed. Further, by entering, the Entrant hereby waives any moral rights the Entrant may have in its entry in favor of the Organizer. Entry must be made by the authorized Account holder at the time of entry. All entries must comply with the restrictions relating to the number of characters and to formatting established by the Platform, if applicable.
Limit: Each Entrant may enter one (1) time the Contest during the Contest Period (multiple entries will not increase your chances of winning). Multiple Entrants are not permitted to share the same email address or Account. Any attempt by any Entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, Accounts, identities, registrations or logins, or any other methods will void that Entrant's entries and that Entrant will be disqualified. A proxy shall not be named for the purposes of this Contest. The use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Any individual tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or acting in violation of the Rules of this Contest or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, as determined by the Organizer, will be disqualified from the Contest. Neither Organizer nor any of its affiliates nor any of their representatives will be responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected registrations, which will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to any entry, the authorized account holder of the email address related to the Account used to enter will be deemed to be the Entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
6. Alternate method of entry. Instead of entering as indicated in section 5 above, an Entrant may enter the Contest by sending a letter to the Organizer including Entrant’s name, address, postal code, phone number and email. This letter must also contain an original handwritten note of at least fifty (50) words indicating why the Entrant wishes to win one of the Prizes. This entry must be received by the Organizer before the expiry of the Contest Period. This alternate method of entry is not available for Entrants who entered as indicated in section 5 above. Limit of one entry per Entrant using this alternate method of entry. The entry must be sent to:
Attention: Jennifer Reid
1170 Martingrove Road
Etobicoke, ON, M9W 4X1
7. Prize: There are three (3) prizes to be won (each a “Prize”). Each Prize consists in a Lowe’s Gift Cart of a value of five hundred Canadian dollars ($500). The total value of the Prize is one thousand five hundred Canadian dollars ($1,500).Terms and conditions of gift cards apply. Such Terms and conditions are available at https://www.lowes.ca/customer-service/lowes-gift-card-terms-and-conditions.
Organizer reserves the right to substitute a Prize for one of equal or greater value if such Prize should become unavailable for any reason whatsoever. Winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with the receipt or the use of the Prize, if any. Lowe's® Gift Cards are subject to provincial and federal regulations and are redeemable for merchandise only unless prohibited by law and cannot be used to make payments on any charge/credit account or used on prior purchases. A winner is not entitled to the difference between the real value of the Prize and the approximate value indicated in these Official Rules, if applicable. Lowe's® Gift Cards cannot be redeemed online, have no expiration date, and may not be resold.
8. Selection: On November 27, 2019 at 10 a.m. ET, three (3) Entrants will be selected in a random drawing from and among all eligible entries, by the Organizer. The selection will take place at 1170 Martingrove Road, Etobicoke, Ontario. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible people participating in the draw. Limit one Prize per Entrant.
9. Verification of Potential Winner: In order to be declared a winner, any selected Entrant must:
i) be contacted by the Organizer by direct message on the Platform within five (5) business days of the draw;
ii) have accepted the Prize as described in these Rules. The selected Entrant will not be able to request that the Prize be transferred to another person, substituted for another prize or other goods or services, or exchanged in whole or in part for cash or any other form of compensation;
iii) except where prohibited, have completed and signed a declaration and release form (the “Form”) that will be sent to him by email or otherwise and have returned it to the Organizer within the time indicated in the letter accompanying the Form; and
iv) correctly answer, without any help, the mathematical skill-testing question which will be found on the Form. A wrong answer will result in the disqualification of the Entrant.
Failure to comply with any of the conditions mentioned in these Rules or to accept the Prize will result in the selected Entrant being disqualified. In such an event, if time permits, the Organizer will proceed with the drawing of another Entrant who shall comply with the procedure described in this section 9, the whole until an Entrant is declared a winner of the Prize in compliance with these Rules. After three (3) drawings for a given Prize, the Organizer may choose not to award such Prize.
10. Prize award: Within five (5) business days following the receipt of the duly completed and signed Form and the right response to the mathematical skill-testing question, the Organizer will communicate with the Prize winner in order to take the necessary arrangements for the delivery of the Prize to the winner, which will be done by mail or by another method agreed upon between the Entrant and the Organizer.
11. Prize refusal: An Entrant’s refusal to accept the Prize, in whole or in part, releases the Organizer from all obligations related to the awarding of the Prize or part thereof to that Entrant or to any other Entrant.
12. Publicity: Except where prohibited, by entering the Contest, the selected Entrant consents to Organizer’s and its agents’ use of selected Entrant’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and province/territory for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration
13. General Conditions: The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, provincial, municipals and local laws and regulations of Canada and is void in Quebec, Yukon, the Northwest Territories, and Nunavut and where prohibited by law. The Rules may be modified without prior notice. The Organizer reserves the right, to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part thereof, in an event of force majeure or superior force, if any fraud, technical failure, human error or any other circumstance impairs the fairness, integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, if the Contest cannot be carried out as originally planned or to ensure compliance with federal, provincial and municipal legislation, or with the policy of an entity with jurisdiction over the Organizer. Without limiting the foregoing, any entry after the system has defaulted for any reason whatsoever is deemed an inadmissible entry, is void and will not give the right to any Prize. The Organizer will not be held responsible if an event results in the cancellation of the Contest or if other factors that are reasonably beyond the Organizer’s control result in the Contest or any part of the Contest not being fully completed. Any attempt to damage the legitimate operation of this Contest may constitute an infringement of civil or criminal law, and, in such an event, the Organizer reserves the right to claim damages to the full extent permitted by law. Organizer’s failure to enforce any term of these Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that term.
14. Release: By entering the Contest, the Entrant: A) agrees to waive any liability of the Organizer, its affiliates as well as their suppliers, distributors, advertising or promotional agencies, and each of their officers, directors, employees and mandataries (collectively, the “Released Parties”) with respect to any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, damage to or destruction of the property that results directly or indirectly from participating in the Contest or the receipt or use or misuse of a Prize; and B) promises to fully compensate the Released Parties for any claims made by third parties as a result of the Entrant’s entry in this Contest, including, but not limited to, those resulting from an Entrant’s fault.
15. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties will not be responsible for: i) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by any Entrant, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; ii) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; iii) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; iv) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; v) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use of any prize. No more than the stated number of Prizes will be awarded.
16. Non-involvement of the Platform Owner: The Entrant acknowledges that the Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered or managed by, nor associated with, the Platform Owner.
17. Waiver of liability of the Platform Owner: The Entrant waives any liability of the Platform Owner of any nature whatsoever arising from or related to the Contest.
18. Disputes: Entrant agrees that: i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any Prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the courts of the province of Ontario and waives objection to the venue of any proceeding in such court or that such court provides an inconvenient forum; ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and iii) under no circumstances Entrant will be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. Validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Entrant and Organizer in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the province of Ontario or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any other jurisdiction. If any provision(s) of these Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect.
20. Intellectual Property: All intellectual property and all promotional materials, web pages and source code are the property of the Organizer and related entities except for the Platform which, to the knowledge of the Organizer, is the property of the Platform Owner. All rights reserved. The unauthorized use or copying of any copyrighted material or trademarks without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited. Lowe’s is a registered trademark of LF, LLC en entity related to the Organizer.
21. List of Winners: The names of the winners will be posted on the Platform by the Organizer after confirmation of the winners is complete. This information will remain online for a period of at least thirty (30) days.
22. Access to the Rules: The most recent version of these Rules is available online at: http://www.lowes.ca/lowes-holiday-contest-terms