Lowe's Canada x Metro Ontario INC. Groceries Giveaway
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. Eligibility: Lowe's Canada x Metro Ontario INC. Groceries Giveaway (the “Promotion”) is open only to legal residents of Ontario that are of at least the legal age of majority in Ontario at the time of entry and who have a valid Facebook account (creating an account is free). Employees of Lowe's Companies Canada, ULC ("Lowe's Canada" or “Sponsor”), of Whirlpool Canada LP and of Metro Ontario INC.inc. and their parent and affiliate entities and suppliers, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. At any time, the Sponsor may, for the purposes of the Promotion request proof determining the identity or eligibility of any person entering the Promotion (the “Entrant”). Failure to provide proof within five (5) days following such a request by the Sponsor may result in the Entrant’s disqualification, at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. All information provided by the Entrant to the Sponsor must be true, accurate and complete. The Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant whose entry is received outside the Promotion Period (as defined below), is illegible, mechanically reproduced, mangled, counterfeited, falsified, altered in any way whatsoever or contains false, inaccurate or incomplete information.
2. Sponsor: Lowe's Companies Canada, ULC, 220 chemin du Tremblay, Boucherville (Quebec) J4B 8H7
3. Timing: The Promotion begins on August 30, 2019 at 24:00 Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on September 29, 2019 at 23:59 ET (the "Promotion Period"). Sponsor’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Promotion.
4. Agreement to Official Rules: By participating, Entrant agrees to be fully unconditionally bound by these Official Rules (which are available on Lowe’s Canada Facebook page) and on www.lowes.ca/kitchenaid-metro-contest-submission/terms-and-conditions, by the rules included on the Metro Ontario INC, (“Metro Ontario”) webpage www.metro.ca/en/conditions-of-use and represents and warrants that he/she meets the eligibility requirements set forth herein. In addition, Entrant agrees to accept the decisions of the Sponsor, as final and binding as it relates to the content. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES OR THE TERMS OF SERVICE BY ANY ENTRANT WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION, AND ALL PRIVILEGES (INCLUDING THOSE AS WINNER, IF APPLICABLE) WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
- Follow the Lowe’s Canada Facebook Account (https://www.facebook.com/LowesCanada), if you do not already;
- Follow the Metro Ontario Facebook Account (https://www.facebook.com/metro.ontario), if you do not already;
- Under the designated Facebook Post on the Lowe’s Canada Facebook Account regarding the Lowe’s Canada x Metro Ontario Groceries Giveaway contest, post a comment in which you provide an answer to the following question: What is your favourite thing to meal prep?
- Subscribe to Lowe’s Canada and Metro Ontario newsletters by submitting your email address via the following link www.lowes.ca/kitchenaid-metro-contest-submission
Sponsor may not receive entries that fail to strictly follow the posting instructions set forth in these Official Rules and Sponsor is not responsible for failure to see or receive an entry. Entries not received by Sponsor will not be entered into the Promotion.
All entries must comply with the following restrictions:
- The post cannot contain material that violates or infringes another party’s rights, including but not limited to, intellectual property, publicity or privacy rights.
- The post shall not be disparaging to any person or entity.
- The post shall not communicate any messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or good will to which Sponsor wishes to associate.
Entries and social media posts that contain information that is deemed to be lewd or profane; contain material that violates or infringes on another’s rights, including privacy, publicity or intellectual property; material that is hateful or defamatory; material that promotes bigotry, racism, or harm against a group or individual or promotes discrimination; or material that is unlawful or in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any province, may be disqualified as determined solely by Sponsor. By participating in the Contest, Entrant warrants and represents that his/her entry is original to the Entrant and does not contain any material that would violate or infringe upon the rights of any third party, including copyrights (including, without limitation, copyrighted images or footage), trademarks, and rights of privacy or publicity.
All entries and social media posts will be reviewed for content and Sponsor reserves the right to remove any content that is unlawful or in violation of these Official Rules. Entries and social media posts containing such prohibited content and/or otherwise deemed by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, to be inappropriate will be disqualified. Sponsor makes the final determination as to what social media posts are eligible to take part in the Promotion. By entering, Entrants agree that all entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged. By entering, each Entrant grants Sponsor a worldwide, perpetual, royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive license to post, publish, adapt, edit, make derivative works and/or otherwise use the Entry in any manner, including copyright, and in any media now known or hereafter developed. Further, by entering, the Entrant hereby waives any moral rights the Entrant may have in the post in favor of the Sponsor. Entry must be made by the authorized Account holder at the time of entry. Entry posts must stay within the character limits set by the Platform.
Any attempt to damage the Promotion website or any other website related to the Promotion, or the legitimate operation of this Promotion, constitutes an infringement of civil and criminal law. In such an event, the Sponsor reserve the right to claim damages to the extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
Limit: Each Entrant may enter one (1) time during the Promotion Period (multiple entries will not increase your chances of winning). Multiple Entrants are not permitted to share the same email address or Account. Any attempt by any Entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, Accounts, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that Entrant's entries and that Entrant shall be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Neither Sponsor nor any of its affiliates are responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected registrations, which will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the Entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized Account holder.
6. Selection. At the end of the Promotion Period, one (1) potential winner will be selected in a random drawing from and among all eligible entries on approximately September 30, 2019 by Sponsor and will be contacted on the contest post.
7. THE POTENTIAL WINNER IS SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE PROMOTION. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE, EVEN IF THE PROMOTION SHOULD SO INDICATE, UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT’S ELIGIBILITY, THE POTENTIAL WINNER HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE. SPONSOR WILL NOT ACCEPT SCREEN SHOTS OR OTHER EVIDENCE OF WINNING IN LIEU OF ITS VALIDATION PROCESS. ANY ENTRY THAT OCCURS AFTER THE SYSTEM HAS FAILED FOR ANY REASON IS DEEMED A DEFECTIVE ENTRY AND IS VOID AND WILL NOT BE HONORED.
8. Verification of Potential Winner: Receiving the Prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. The potential Promotion winner will be notified by direct message on Facebook. Except where prohibited, the potential winner will be required to sign and return a Declaration of Compliance, Liability and Publicity Release which must be received by Sponsor within five (5) days of the date of notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim the Prize. Potential winner will also be required to correctly answer a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question (either by phone or email, in Sponsor’s sole discretion) in order to be eligible to receive the Prize. If the potential winner of the Prize cannot be contacted, or fails to sign and return the Declaration of Compliance, Liability and Publicity Release or provide any other requested information within the required time period (if applicable), fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question, or the Prize is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits the Prize. If a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable Prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. There will be three (3) alternate drawings after which the Prize will remain unawarded. Prize will be fulfilled approximately 6-8 weeks after the conclusion of the Promotion.
9. ONLY ONE (1) PRIZE including the following: (A) One (1) KitchenAid 36-in 25.8-cu ft 5 Door Refrigerator with Ice Maker in Stainless Steel (Item #484285); and (B) ten (10) Metro Ontario Promo Codes to purchase groceries online of a value of $100 CAD each (total value of Metro Ontario Promo Codes of $1,000). Total Approximate Retail Value of the Prize: $5,600.00 CAD before applicable taxes (the “Prize”). Odds of winning the Prize depend on the number of eligible entries. Limit: One (1) Prize per person. No cash equivalent and all prizes are non-transferable, and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the Prize for gift cards of an equivalent value for any reason. Moreover, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the Prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated Prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with Prize receipt and/or use.
The Metro Ontario Promo Codes offered in the Prize will be valid until October 31, 2020. The Metro Ontario Promo Codes cannot be used in conjunction with any other promo code or any other offer. The Metro Ontario Promo Codes can be used on www.metro.ca when purchasing groceries online in Ontario for a delivery in Ontario. The Metro Ontario Promo Codes cannot be applied on taxes, transit tickets, tobacco, lottery tickets, beer, wine, cider, stamps, Western Union, gift card purchases, prescription medications, behind-the-counter pharmacy items and professional pharmacy services. These Metro Ontario Promo Codes may be changed by Metro Ontario at any time without notice. For further details, please consult the full Metro Ontario Promo Codes terms and conditions at: www.metro.ca/en/conditions-of-use
10. Agreement to be contacted: By entering the Promotion, Entrant agrees to receive emails, news, promotions and/or newsletters, periodically from the Sponsor and from Metro Ontario. Entrant can opt-out of receiving this communication at any time, including by clicking the unsubscribe link in the communication.
11. Release: By entering the Promotion, (A) Entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Facebook Inc., and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Promotion or receipt or use or misuse of any prize; and (B) promises to fully compensate the Released Parties for any claims made by third parties in connection with this Promotion including and not limited to those arising from fault.
12. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Promotion constitutes winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and province/territory for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
13. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, or human error impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Promotion, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the Prize at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Sponsor will not be held responsible if an event results in the cancellation of the Promotion or if other factors that are reasonably beyond the Sponsor’s control result in the Promotion or any part of the Promotion not being fully completed. The Sponsor provides no warranty, express or implied, of any sort when it comes to the safety, appearance or performance of the Prize. By accepting the Prize, the winner acknowledges that the only warranties applicable to any aspects of the Prize, if applicable, are those provided by the Prize’s provider to the Sponsor, which are transferable, and/or the manufacturer’s warranty. In no circumstance whatsoever will a winner have recourse against the Sponsor regarding any aspect of the Promotion or Prize. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
14. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Entrant’s participation in the Promotion or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an Entrant's entry or play is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, Entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Promotion, if possible. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.
15. Disputes: Except where prohibited, Entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the the courts of Ontario and waives objection to the venue of any proceeding in such court or that such court provides an inconvenient forum; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion, but in no event legal fees and disbursements; and (3) under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the province of Ontario, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the province of Ontario or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the province of Ontario. If any provision(s) of these Official Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect.
17. Winner List: For a winner list, visit the Lowe’s Canada Facebook account. The winner list will be posted after winner confirmation is complete.
This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Inc.