1. Look for Versatile Pieces with Hidden Storage Solutions
Invest in dual-purpose furniture pieces to turn your pad into a multi-functional zone. Choose from classic futons, bathroom vanities that offer mini-storage space, desks that double as nightstands, or a wall unit that conceals a Murphy bed.
2. Keep Clutter Out of Sight, Out of Mind
Eliminate visual obstructions and avoid stressful eyesores. Invest in floating units for your dorm such as wall-mounted shelves, medicine cabinets, or wall-mounted bathroom vanities to keep your floors clear. You can also get a sleek, minimalist look for your apartment from glass accents and furnishings.
3. Hang or Position a Large, Eye-Catching Mirror in the Right Spot
Create an optical illusion with well-placed mirrors that appear to increase your square footage. Let elegant over-sized or decorative mirrors visually expand your studio or dorm, while also giving it more depth and dimension.
4. Or Pull Together Smaller-Sized Mirrors for a More Eclectic Look
Smaller mirrors work together as a stunning wall accent or gallery. When grouped with other reflective surfaces, they distribute natural light, broaden your sense of space, and add that extra sparkle to your interior design.
5. Encourage Floor-to-Ceiling Eye Movement
Cover your floors with patterned area rugs or play up ceiling height with a feature wall made from decorative wallpaper or tiles. Make your windows appear wider and taller by hanging curtains and drapes higher and extending them just outside the frame.
6. Create Visual Interest with Bold Pops of Colour
Go for neutral tones or similar shades with bursts of contrast to keep your interior design palette fresh and modern. You can also build a feeling of luxury and intimacy with dark, dramatic wallpaper.
7. Indulge in Affordable, Posh Upgrades
8. Throw a Party with Portable Add-Ons for your Kitchen
9. Deck Your Walls with Deyou Adore
10. Layer Your Lighting for Maximum Impact
Set the mood for any occasion by adding layers of lighting to your space. From decorative pendant lights and chandeliers to track lights that spotlight your bookcase or wall art, every fixture has a function.
Learn tips on how to decorate and accessorize small living spaces, from small bedrooms and kitchens to small laundry rooms.
Capture the clean, minimalist look of Scandinavian design for sophisticated style at home.