Get ready to roll up your sleeves for some DIY bathroom renovations!
1. Choose a Modern Bathroom Vanity That Makes a Statement
Installing a sleek bathroom vanity is a simple renovation that offers up more storage space and amps up your master ensuite decor.
- If you have a particular style of vanity in mind, stick to the essentials when it comes to materials, colour, finish, and design. For a contemporary edge, consider a wall mounted unit for extra floor space or a bathroom vanity made of steel. You can have fun and play around with different vanity tops in marble or quartz.
- Upgrading from a single sink to a double sink gives you more room for two, and you can keep everything organized by adding more drawers. There are plenty of options to choose from for a customized bathroom design solution that meets your needs.
- If you are short on square footage, a compact powder room vanity or pedestal sink is the perfect fit.
2. Select Bathroom Renovations that Save Time
Looking for bathroom ideas that make your home renovations easier? Discover our easy-install tiles!
Backsplashes and wall tiles add a practical and chic element to any modern bathroom decor. Smart Tiles are self-adhesive, so all you have to do is cut, peel, and stick! Keep your bathroom renovation on track with stunning wall tiles and backsplashes made for quick and easy installs.
When choosing floor tile, consider marble bathroom tile for a natural finish that’s long-lasting and complements any style — traditional, transitional, or contemporary. You can elevate your interior design even further with intricate geometric patterns and shapes for visual interest.
3. Toilets or Bidets: Pick Your Porcelain
For a spritz of luxury, you can easily add a bidet attachment or handheld bidet wand to your toilet to get a clean, fresh experience.
If you're not sure which type of toilet you need, check out our Toilet Buying Guide that's flush with information.
Once you've picked out your new porcelain perch, learn how to install a toilet.
4. Discover Bathroom Ideas that Will Shower You in Splendor
For full control and customization, there’s nothing better than a shower panel. With multiple settings and an adjustable shower arm, you’ll rinse and repeat in style.
5. Browse Beautiful Bathtubs That Work With Your Bathroom Decor
Relax and unwind with a bathtub that fits your bathroom decor. With styles ranging from modern to vintage, you’re sure to find the tub of your dreams.
- A clawfoot tub is a striking way to add a touch of retro glamour to your bathroom renovations. Modern versions are easy to install, meaning you’ll be able to slip in for a soak in no time flat.
- A perfect blend of modern and chic, freestanding tubs have a deep soaker option that is guaranteed to provide a spa-like experience while elevating your design.
- Powerful jets provide a fully body massage as you sit back and relax in a whirlpool tub. It's the ultimate bath time indulgence.
6. Discover Polished Bathroom Faucets
Keep your choice of finish consistent throughout your bathroom, including the tub and shower faucets. You can choose a waterfall faucet to turn your bathroom or ensuite into a spa-like retreat.
Our collection of designer brands includes faucets from Moen, Kohler, Delta, and Grohe, with a range of impeccable styles and exceptional performance.
Check out our Bathroom Faucet Buying Guide for tips on mountings, finishes, and more.
7. Add a Splash of Charm with Classic Bathroom Sinks
Let your personal style guide you. If you want a modern and contemporary look, choose a simple vessel sink with a minimalist basin. If you want your bathroom counter to have the spotlight, choose an undermount sink that is sleek and easy to clean.
8. Expand Your Space with Large Oversized Bathroom Mirrors
Need a closer look? From beauty rituals to clean shaves, an adjustable makeup mirror or LED mirror will work wonders.
9. Keep Tidy & Organized with Spacious Bathroom Cabinets
Adding bathroom cabinets is an easy way to keep your bathroom neat and organized.
Keep everything in its place with a linen cabinet. Use it to store towels, toiletries and other odds and ends. They come in different sizes and finishes, meaning it will fit your decor to a tee.Maximize a small space with wall-mounted medicine cabinets or a unit that can be installed above your toilet — there’s always room for more storage.
10. Brighten Up you Bathroom Decor with New Vanity Lighting
Setting up proper bathroom vanity lighting shines a spotlight on your new bathroom renovation and elevates the theme of your space.
- Transitional lighting fixtures feature simple designs and neutral finishes that work well with a variety of furnishings and bathroom decor.
- Industrial-style lighting lends an edge to your space with fixtures inspired by old factories and industrial spaces.
- A great route to go for a classic look, traditional light fixtures fit into any style of decor.
- Modern light fixtures will help complete the modern aesthetic to you bathroom, and come in many varieties.
11. Pull Your Design Together with Modern Bathroom Hardware & Accessories
When choosing bathroom accessories, pay close attention to materials, forms, and finishes. Streamlined, basic shapes serve best as contemporary accents. Damask patterns fit in with traditional or transitional schemes.
Explore our top bathroom storage solutions. From bathroom vanities to bathroom cabinets, your bathroom storage can be both practical and beautiful.
Learn all about the best shower head options for your bathroom including, types, energy-saving, finishes, and spray patterns in our Shower Head Buying Guide.
Need to replace or upgrade your toilet? Whether it's a new model you're searching for or you're redesigning your entire bathroom, we've got all the info and tips you need to make an informed decision in our Toilet Buying Guide.