How to Restore an Asphalt Driveway
Clean Your Driveway
- Clear your driveway of any objects like cars, toys, basketball nets, and other items.
- With a broom, clean the entire surface, make sure it’s free of dirt and debris.
- Cover the stain with a generous amount of cleaner and let it stand for 15 minutes.
- Scrub the area with a stiff bristle brush and then wash it away with water.
Fill Pot Holes & Depressions
- Fill the crack or pot hole to within 1 inch of the asphalt surface with fine sand.
- Then add pot hole and depression filler and leveler to level the surface.
- Wait until it is completely dry before moving onto the next step.
Note: Follow the manufacturer's directions when filling a pot hole or depression.
Tip: Cross-roll using perpendicular strokes in each section for better coverage.
Note: Read and follow the label directions for best results.
Driveway Maintenance Tips
Now that you've finished cleaning, repairing, and sealing your driveway, it is important to follow our driveway maintenance tips by staying on top of cleaning and making repairs.
- Wash your driveway regularly
- Fill holes as soon as they appear.
- Trim your grass regularly to avoid weed encroachment.
- Seal your driveway every one to three years.
How To Terms
Lay sod using our how-to guide to get the lush, green lawn your landscape deserves. Are you ready to roll? Let's get started!
From checking drainage to sealing your basement walls and floors, we walk you through what it takes to prevent foundation repair and a leaky basement.