1Repair All Broken or Damaged Planks
- 1.1Check the general condition of your deck.
- 1.2If a decking board is broken and needs to be replaced, locate the joint area.
- 1.3Remove the board by loosening and unscrewing all screws.
- 1.4If part of the board is still in good condition, you can cut and remove the damaged section only—this will save you money. However, make sure that the assembly is stable and solid by measuring and cutting a 2 x 4 to support the remaining piece and the new section. To better visualize the area to be solidified, you can remove some boards.
- 1.5If you need to change the whole board, remove the broken board, then cut a new board to replace it. Make sure the assembly support is sound and solid before inserting the new board.
- 1.6Insert the new board, then secure it using deck screws.