How to Make a Footstool
Cut the MDF Board
Attach the Legs
- Mark the underside of the top for the leg top plate locations. As a rule of thumb, the top plates should be located ½ inch to 1 ½ in. in from the edges of the top.
- Using a drill, screw the leg top plates to the underside of the top as marked.
- Screw the leg into the top of the bracket.
Sand & Paint
- Sand the entire footstool.
- Paint, varnish, or stain the entire piece.
Tip: Add a pillow to the top for some extra comfort
How To Terms
Take on the perfect DIY project by adding some funky furniture to your living room with a copper pipe side table. All you need is a bit of copper, a few tools and materials, and you’ll have a unique side table.
Learn how to build a custom coffee table instead of buying furniture that doesn't quite fit. Our how-to guide will take you step-by-step through making a two-tier coffee table.
With just a few pipe fittings, some carpet padding, and curtain panels, make your own pipe-leg upholstered bench. Follow our how-to guide to DIY your own customized furniture.