How to Install Pot Lights
Turn Off the Power
Tip: Leave a note taped to the panel to ensure no one turns it back on by accident.
Uninstall Your Pot Light Module
- Unscrew the lightbulb and take out the baffle trim.
- Simply use your fingers and carefully pull down the pot light module.
- When you see the torsion springs, squeeze them together to unclip them from the torsion spring clips. They are located on either side of the housing.
Remove the Socket Plate and Socket from the Housing
- Partially loosen the wing-nut in the socket plate. Make sure you don’t loosen the wing-nut the whole way or you’ll lose the nut in your ceiling.
- Slide the plate out of the housing and remove the socket by pushing on either side and pulling it away from the socket plate.
Install Adapter & Connect to LED Module
- Screw the adapter into the housing socket.
- Plug in the adapter clip into the new LED module.
Install LED Module into Housing
- Push the torsion springs together, located on either side of the LED module, as you push the module into the housing.
- Once they are in place, push the new module into the ceiling for a tight fit.
Let There Be Light
How To Terms
Learn about different light bulb types, shapes, colours, and more. From LED to Bluetooth enabled, find the perfect light bulb for your home.
Learn what type of lighting works for every room in your house. From chandeliers to floor lamps to lanterns, we have everything you need to brighten your home.