Pellet Grill Buying Guide
Learn all about pellet grills, from how to use one to which pellets will add the most flavour to your meats, fish and veggies. Become a grill master and discover all the delicious possibilities pellet grills have to offer, making your next barbecue the best one yet!
Taste the Difference
What is a Pellet Grill?
How Pellet Grills Work
- Hopper: Pile the flavoured hardwood pellets into the hopper. The amount varies depending on how long the cook time is.
- Digital Controller: Turn on the grill and adjust the temperature just as you would your kitchen oven.
- Auger: As the motor turns, the auger pushes the wood pellets from the hopper to the firepot, fueling the grill. You can adjust the speed in which the wood pellets burn via the digital controller.
- Firepot: The firepot burns when a hotrod ignites, keeping the fire going, so you can set it and let the pellet grill do its work.
- Fan: A fan stokes the flames, creating convection heat, which gives the wood pellet grill its consistent temperatures.
Benefits of Wood Pellet Grills
Bold Flavour: The depth and quality of flavour achieved through the hardwood pellets is unique to pellet grill cooking. You can vary the flavours depending on which wood pellets you choose, and you can also mix and match to create the perfect flavour.
Versatility: From a full brisket to apple pie, wood pellet grills can grill, smoke, bake, roast, braise, and barbecue anything.
Consistency: Wood pellet grills offer consistent temperatures that allow you to master your grilling and get perfect results every time.
Ease: The electric control panel allow for ease of use. The digital controlled settings mean you don’t have to tend live fires for hours.
How to Choose Wood Pellets
- Apple: Best with chicken, pork, and vegetables
- Hickory: Best with beef, chicken, pork, and vegetables
- Mesquite: Best with beef, chicken, and seafood
- Maple: Best with beef, pork, lamb, and vegetables
- Pecan: Best with beef, chicken, pork, lamb, and vegetables
- Oak: Best with beef and seafood
From patio cushions to conversation sets, choose the designs that reflect your summer style all season long.
From smokers to pellet grills, and everything in between this BBQ Buying Guide will help you choose the best BBQ for your outdoor kitchen.