Paint Sprayer Buying Guide
Nothing beats a paint sprayer for making quick work of a paint job. At the press of a trigger, the paint comes to you — no more dipping and dripping! Since sprayers are available in a variety of sizes and power ratings, use our buying guide to discover which one is right for you.
Power Up with a Paint Sprayer
Whether you're a homeowner looking to make a few small changes or a full-time contractor, a powered paint sprayer makes the job a lot easier. Find one that matches your needs, from applying stain to flooring to giving a room a new look on the walls.
Quick Tips to Handle Your Paint Sprayer
Make the most of your painter and your project. Remember the following:
- Thoroughly prepare the area to be painted or stained.
- Spray painting requires a steady hand. Hold the applicator parallel to wall when using. Don't flex your wrist.
- Sprayers offer excellent coverage, but expect more wasted paint than with a brush or roller.
- Sprayed paint will dry quickly, more so than when applied by brush.
- Clean the paint sprayer after each use. There will be a lot of parts to clean, but cleanup is no more difficult than conventional brushes and rollers.
Learn how to paint your furniture in our step-by-step guide that will teach you everything from preparing the surface to the correct furniture paint.
Use our paint and accessories buying guide to become a painting pro in no time, and make a dramatic, but inexpensive change to your home decor.