A Touch of Texture for Added Style
It’s easy to overlook moulding elements like casings, crowns, and baseboards when it comes to the style of a room. However, they can act as highly decorative additions that help to:
- update the space and transform the look of your home,
- hide small imperfections,
- complement the style of any room,
- make a transition from different materials (such as paint and wallpaper), and
- emphasize contrasts between the same materials.
As you choose new mouldings, begin by asking yourself whether you are looking for functional or decorative mouldings, what is the overall style of the space, what is your ceiling height, and if you will finish the mouldings with paint or stain.
We’ve created this guide to fill you in on popular moulding designs and give you an idea of how to best use them in your home.