Kitchen Range Buying Guide
Shopping for a new kitchen range? Discover our selection of ranges and stoves with features like self-cleaning ovens, induction stove tops, control lockout, and top-of-the-line convection ovens.
Get Cooking with Our Ranges
Considerations Before Buying a Kitchen Range
CapacityWhen choosing the size of your oven it is important to keep a couple things in mind. Consider the size of your family, how much you use the oven, and the dimensions of your kitchen.
Size of Family:
- One to two people: 2 to 3 cubic feet
- Three to four people: 3 to 4 cu. ft.
- Four or more people: 4+ cu. ft.
There are three style of stoves available, the best one for you kitchen will depend on the design and layout of your kitchen.
- Freestanding: One of the more popular styles of stove, freestanding ranges have finished sides and their controls are located on the back panel, above the cooktop surface.
- Slide-In: These stoves give a seamless built-in look to your kitchen and the control panel is located on the front of the unit.
- Compact: Perfect for condo-dwellers, compact stoves come in both freestanding and slide-in variations, but they’re smaller in size.
Number of Elements
Depending on your needs and how much you’ll be using your range, the number of elements varies depending on make and model of the unit. You can get a stove with as little as four elements or as many as seven.
From induction cooktops to electric stovetops, find the perfect cooktop for you in our Cooktop Buying Guide.
Who doesn’t need more room in the kitchen? Find out how to save space or increase your cooking capacity with a wall oven. Learn more.