Blinds & Shades Buying Guide
Looking to add some personality to your windows? Installing blinds or shades can instantly transform a room! From roller blinds to vertical, we have all the perfect window coverings for every room.
As Easy as 1, 2, 3!
Along with a clean look, cordless blinds offer safety benefits, since there’s no cord to get tangled up in! It’s a huge plus for any families with small children or pets.
How to Measure Your Window for Blinds & Shades
Inside Mount Vs. Outside Mount
There are two types of mounts for blinds and shades, and each one has its own method for measurement.
Inside Mount: These blinds and shades are installed inside the window recess or opening.
- Measure the inside width of the window opening at the top, middle, and bottom. Take the narrowest of those three measurements and round it down to the nearest 1/8 inch.
- Measure the inside height of your window following the same process as the width and take the longest of the three measurements.
- Measure the window diagonally across.
Outside Mount: These blinds and shades are installed on the wall above the window frame.
- Measure the distance from the outermost points you want your blinds or shades to cover. It’s recommended that the blinds should overlap the window opening by at least 1 inch on either side.
- Measure the distance between where the top of the blind will hang to the window sill. The blinds or shades should overlap the window opening at the top by at least 1 to ½ inch.
It's time to spruce up your windows! Do it for less with our affordable tips and ideas that will transform all the windows in your home.
A stunning window replacement makes a big difference at home. Explore types of replacement windows and factors to consider with our buying guide.
Makeover your bedroom for less! Discover bedroom design ideas like new light fixtures, new window treatments, and other low-maintenance tips for a complete bedroom transformation.