Lowe's Eco Contest Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. Eligibility: Lowe's Halloween Contest (the “Promotion”) is open only to legal residents of Canada (excluding Quebec, Yukon, the Northwest Territories, and Nunavut) at least the legal age of majority in their province/territory of residence at the time of entry and who have a valid Facebook account (creating an account is free). Employees of Lowe's Companies Canada, ULC ("Lowe's" or “Sponsor”) and its parent and affiliate companies and suppliers, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. The Promotion is subject to all applicable federal, state, provincial, territorial, municipal, and local laws and regulations and is void in Quebec, Yukon, the Northwest Territories, and Nunavut and where prohibited by law. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sponsor: Lowe's Companies Canada, ULC, 1170 Martin Grove Road, Etobicoke, Ontario. M9W 4X1
3. Timing: The Promotion begins on Tuesday, October 27 2020 at 12:00pm EST and ends on Wednesday, November 4 at 11:59pm EST (the "Promotion Period"). Sponsor’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Promotion.
Sponsor may not receive entries that fail to strictly follow the posting instructions set forth in these Official Rules and Sponsor is not responsible for failure to see or receive an entry. Entries not received by Sponsor will not be entered into the Promotion.
All entries must comply with the following restrictions:
- The post cannot contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to, intellectual property, publicity or privacy rights.
- The post shall not be disparaging to any person or entity.
- The post shall not communicate any messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or good will to which Sponsor wishes to associate.
Entries and social media posts that contain information that is deemed to be lewd or profane; contain material that violates or infringes on another’s rights, including privacy, publicity or intellectual property; material that is hateful or defamatory; material that promotes bigotry, racism, or harm against a group or individual or promotes discrimination; or material that is unlawful or in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any state, may be disqualified as determined solely by Sponsor. By participating in the Contest, entrant warrants and represents that his/her entry is original to the entrant and does not contain any material that would violate or infringe upon the rights of any third party, including copyrights (including, without limitation, copyrighted images or footage), trademarks, and rights of privacy or publicity.
All entries and social media posts will be reviewed for content and Sponsor reserves the right to remove any content that is unlawful or in violation of these Official Rules. Entries and social media posts containing such prohibited content and/or otherwise deemed by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, to be inappropriate will be disqualified. Sponsor makes the final determination as to what social media posts are eligible to take part in the Promotion. By entering, entrants agree that all entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged. By entering, each entrant grants Sponsor a worldwide, perpetual, royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive license to post, publish, adapt, edit, make derivative works and/or otherwise use the Entry in any manner, including copyright, and in any media now known or hereafter developed. Further, by entering, the entrant hereby waives any moral rights the entrant may have in the post in favor of the Sponsor. Entry must be made by the authorized Account holder at the time of entry. Entry posts must stay within the character limits set by the Platform.
Limit: Each entrant may enter one (1) time. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address or Account. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, Accounts, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant's entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Neither Sponsor nor any of its affiliates are responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected registrations, which will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
5. Selection. At the end of the Promotion Period, one (1) potential winners will be selected in random drawings from and among all eligible entries on approximately Thursday, November 5, 2020 by Sponsor and will be contacted via direct message.
6. potential WINNER(S) ARE subject to verification by Sponsor, whose decisions are final AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE PROMOTION. An entrant is not a winner of any prize, even if the PROMOTION SHOULD so indicate, unless and until entrant’s eligibility, the potential winner haS been verified and entrant has been notified that verification is complete. Sponsor will not accept screen shots or other evidence of winning in lieu of its validation process. any ENTRy that occurs after the system has failed for any reason is deemed a defective ENTRy and is void and will not be honored.
7. Verification of Potential Winner: Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. The potential Promotion winner will be notified on Facebook. Except where prohibited, the potential winner will be required to sign and return an Declaration of Compliance, Liability and Publicity Release which must be received by Sponsor within 2 days of the date notice or attempted notice is sent, in order to claim the prize. Potential winner will also be required to correctly answer a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question (by phone, in Sponsor’s sole discretion) in order to be eligible to receive a prize. If the potential winner of the prize cannot be contacted, or fails to sign and return the Declaration of Compliance, Liability and Publicity Release or provide any other requested information within the required time period (if applicable), fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question, or the prize is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits the prize. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. There will be three (3) alternate drawings after which the prize will remain unawarded. Prize will be fulfilled approximately 6-8 weeks after the conclusion of the Promotion.
8. Prizes Total ARV: $500 CAD. Odds of winning a Prize depend on number of eligible entries received.
No cash equivalent and all prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use.
9. Release: By receipt of any prize, winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Facebook, Inc., and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Promotion or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
10. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Promotion constitutes winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and province/territory for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
11. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, or human error impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Promotion, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Promotion may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
12. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for:
13. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the the courts of Ontario and waives objection to the venue of any proceeding in such court or that such court provides an inconvenient forum; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the province of Ontario, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the province of Ontario or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the province of Ontario. If any provision(s) of these Official Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect.
15. Winner List: For a winner list, visit the Lowe’s Facebook account.
This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Inc.