Lowe's Canada Twitter Eco-Contest Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. MATHEMATICAL SKILL TESTING QUESTION REQUIRED.
1. Eligibility: Lowe’s Canada Twitter Eco Contest (the “Contest”) is open only to legal residents of Canada (excluding Quebec, Yukon, the Northwest Territories, and Nunavut) who are at least the legal age of majority in their province of residence at the time of entry and who have a valid Twitter account (creating an account is free). Employees of Lowe's Companies Canada, ULC or Lowe’s 220 Limited Partnership (“Contest Organizer”) and its parent and affiliate companies and suppliers, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible to enter into the Contest. At any time, the Contest Organizer may, for the purposes of the Contest request proof determining the identity or eligibility of any person entering the Contest (the “Entrant”). Failure to provide proof within five (5) days following such a request by the Contest Organizer may result in the Entrant’s disqualification, at the Contest Organizer’s sole discretion. All information provided by the Entrant to the Contest Organizer must be true, accurate and complete. The Contest Organizer reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant whose entry is received outside the Contest Period (as defined below), is illegible, mechanically reproduced, mangled, counterfeited, falsified, altered in any way whatsoever or contains false, inaccurate or incomplete information.
The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, provincial, territorial, municipal, and local laws and regulations and is void in Quebec, Yukon, the Northwest Territories, and Nunavut and where prohibited by law. The Contest Official Rules may be modified without prior notice, notably to ensure compliance with federal, provincial and municipal legislation, or with the policy of an entity with jurisdiction over the Contest Organizer. Participation constitutes Entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to the Contest Organizer’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. Winners must live in or designate a delivery destination reachable through Contest Organizer’s standard delivery.
2. Contest Organizer: Lowe's Companies Canada, ULC and Lowe’s 220 Limited Partnership, both having their head office located at 220 Chemin du Tremblay, Boucherville, Quebec, J4B 8H7;
3. Timing: The Contest begins on October 10, 2019 at 8:00 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") and ends on October 24, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the "Contest Period"). Contest Organizer’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Contest.
- Follow the Contest Organizer’s account (@Lowes_Canada) on Twitter, if Entrant does not already;
- Reply to a tweet from @Lowes_Canada asking how the Entrant conserves energy. Entrant must ensure that the reply includes the hashtag #LowesCanadaGoesGreen.
The Contest Organizer may not receive entries that fail to strictly follow the voting instructions set forth in these Official Rules and the Contest Organizer is not responsible for failure to see or receive an entry. Entries not received by the Contest Organizer will not be entered into the Contest.
Any reply and any comment of an Entrant posted on the Contest Organizer’s publications must comply with the following restrictions:
- The comment cannot contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to, intellectual property, publicity or privacy rights.
- The post shall not be disparaging to any person or entity.
- The post shall not communicate any messages or images inconsistent with the positive image and/or goodwill to which Contest Organizer wishes to associate.
Comments and social media posts that contain information that is deemed to be lewd or profane; contain material that violates or infringes on another’s rights, including privacy, publicity or intellectual property; material that is hateful or defamatory; material that promotes bigotry, racism, or harm against a group or individual or promotes discrimination; or material that is unlawful or in violation of or contrary to the laws or regulations in any province, may be disqualified as determined solely by Contest Organizer. By entering in the Contest, Entrant warrants and represents that his/her entry is original to the Entrant and does not contain any material that would violate or infringe upon the rights of any third party, including copyrights (including, without limitation, copyrighted images or footage), trademarks, and rights of privacy or publicity.
Contest Organizer reserves the right to remove any content that is unlawful or in violation of these Official Rules. Social media posts of an Entrant containing such prohibited content and/or otherwise deemed by Contest Organizer, in its sole discretion, to be inappropriate will cause the Entrant to be disqualified. Contest Organizer makes the final determination as to which Entrants are eligible to take part in the Contest. By entering, Entrants agree that all entries become the property of Contest Organizer and will not be acknowledged. By entering, each Entrant grants Contest Organizer a worldwide, perpetual, royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive license to post, publish, adapt, edit, make derivative works and/or otherwise use the entry in any manner, including copyright, and in any media now known or hereafter developed. Further, by entering, the Entrant hereby waives any moral rights the Entrant may have in the post in favor of the Contest Organizer. Entry must be made by the authorized Account holder at the time of entry. Entry replies must stay within the character limits set by the Platform, if applicable.
Any attempt to damage any website related to the Contest, or the legitimate operation of this Contest, constitutes an infringement of civil and criminal law. In such an event, the Contest Organizer reserves the right to claim damages to the extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
Limit: Each Entrant may enter one (1) time the Contest during the Contest Period (multiple entries will not increase your chances of winning). Multiple Entrants are not permitted to share the same email address or Account. Any attempt by any Entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, Accounts, identities, registrations or logins, or any other methods will void that Entrant's entries and that Entrant may be disqualified. A proxy shall not be named for the purposes of this Contest. The use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Contest Organizer reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this Contest or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Neither Contest Organizer nor any of its affiliates are responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected registrations, which will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address related to the Account used to register will be deemed to be the Entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winner may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
6. Alternate method of entry. Instead of entering by replying to a tweet on the Platform as indicated above, an Entrant may enter the Contest by sending a letter to the Contest Organizer including Entrant’s name, address, postal code, phone number and twitter account name. This letter must also contain a handwritten note of at least fifty (50) words indicating how the Entrant conserves energy. Such entry must be received by the Contest Organizer at the latest on October 25, 2019. This method of entry is not available for Entrants who replied to a tweet on the Platform as indicated above. Limit of one entry per Entrant using this alternate method of entry. The entry must be sent to
Lowe’s Canada Twitter Eco Contest
Attention: Jenn Reid
1170 Martingrove Road
Etobicoke, Ontario, M9W 4X1
7. Selection: On October 28, 2019 at 10 a.m. ET, the potential winner will be selected in a random drawing from and among all eligible entries by the Contest Organizer and will be contacted by direct message on Twitter.
8. THE POTENTIAL WINNER IS SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY CONTEST ORGANIZER, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE CONTEST. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE, EVEN IF THE CONTEST SHOULD SO INDICATE, UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT’S ELIGIBILITY, AND THE POTENTIAL WINNER HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE. ANY ENTRY THAT OCCURS AFTER THE SYSTEM HAS FAILED FOR ANY REASON IS DEEMED A DEFECTIVE ENTRY AND IS VOID AND WILL NOT BE HONORED.
9. Verification of Potential Winner: Receiving a prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules. Except where prohibited, the potential winner will be required to sign and return a Declaration of Compliance, Liability and Publicity Release which must be received by Contest Organizer within five (5) days of the date notice is sent, in order to claim the prize. The potential winner will also be required to correctly answer, without any help, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question (either by phone or email, in the Contest Organizer’s sole discretion) in order to be eligible to receive a prize. If a potential winner of any prize cannot be contacted, or fails to sign and return the Declaration of Compliance, Liability and Publicity Release or provide any other requested information within the required time period (if applicable), fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question, or the prize is returned as undeliverable, potential winner forfeits the prize. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason or forfeits the prize, the Contest Organizer will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. There will be three (3) alternate drawings after which the prize will remain unawarded. The gift card will be delivered to the winner within thirty (30) days following the complete validation of the entry by the Contest Organizer as well as the reception of the properly and timely completed Declaration of Compliance, Liability and Publicity Release.
10. Prize: one (1) prize, consisting of one (1) Lowe’s gift card of a value of five hundred Canadian dollars ($500.00 CAD) (the “Prize”). The total value of the Prize is five hundred Canadian dollars ($500.00 CAD). Odds of winning a Prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period. Terms and conditions of gift cards apply. Such Terms and conditions are available at https://www.lowes.ca/customer-service/lowes-gift-card-terms-and-conditions. No cash equivalent and all prizes are non-transferable, and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Contest Organizer’s sole discretion. Contest Organizer reserves the right to substitute a Prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Any component of the Prize that is not accepted by a given winner will be withdrawn with respect to this winner. Winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with the Prize receipt and/or use. Lowe's® Gift Cards are subject to provincial and federal regulations and are redeemable for merchandise only unless prohibited by law and cannot be used to make payments on any charge/credit account or used on prior purchases. A winner is not entitled to the difference between the real value of the Prize and the approximate value indicated in these Official Rules, if applicable. Lowe's® Gift Cards cannot be redeemed online, have no expiration date, and may not be resold.
11. Release: By entering the Contest, (A) Entrant agrees to release and hold harmless the Contest Organizer, Twitter, and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, directly or indirectly arising out of the participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize; and (B) promises to fully compensate the Released Parties for any claims made by third parties in connection with this Contest including and not limited to those arising from fault.
12. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes winner’s consent to Contest Organizer’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and province/territory for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration, unless prohibited by law.
13. General Conditions: Subject to any required approvals by the appropriate authorities, if applicable, the Contest Organizer reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failure, human error or any other circumstance impairs the fairness, integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by the Contest Organizer in its sole discretion. In such event, the Contest Organizer reserves the right to award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Contest Organizer will not be held responsible if an event results in the cancellation of the Contest or if other factors that are reasonably beyond the Contest Organizer’s control result in the Contest or any part of the Contest not being fully completed. The Contest Organizer provides no warranty, express or implied, of any sort when it comes to the safety, appearance or performance of the Prize. By accepting the Prize, the winner acknowledges that the only warranties applicable to any aspects of the Prize, if applicable, are those provided by the Prize’s provider to the Contest Organizer, which are transferable, and/or the manufacturer’s warranty. In no circumstance whatsoever will a winner have recourse against the Contest Organizer in regard to any aspect of the Contest or Prize. Contest Organizer’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that term. These Official Rules are available at http/www.lowes.ca/eco-contest-rules. In case of discrepancy between the version of the Official Rules available at such URL and any other version of the Official Rules, including a printed version of the rules or the summary of the entering process posted on Twitter by the Contest Organizer, the Official Rules available at the URL indicated above shall have precedence. In the event there is a French version of these Official Rules and there is any discrepancy between the French and the English versions of these Official Rules, the English version shall have precedence.
14. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an Entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, Entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Contest, if possible. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Contest Organizer reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.
15. Disputes: Except where prohibited, Entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the the courts of Ontario and waives objection to the venue of any proceeding in such court or that such court provides an inconvenient forum; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Entrant and Contest Organizer in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the province of Ontario or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than those of the province of Ontario and the federal laws of Canada applicable therein. If any provision(s) of these Official Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect.
17. Intellectual Property: All intellectual property and all promotional materials, web pages and source code are the property of the Contest Organizer and related entities. All rights reserved. The unauthorized use of copying of any copyrighted material or trademarks without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited. Lowe’s Canada is a registered trademark and property of LF, LLC, an entity related to the Contest Organizer.
18. Winner’s Name: The name of the winner will be posted after winner’s confirmation is complete on the Lowe’s Twitter account by the Contest Organizer. This information will remain online for a period of at least thirty (30) days.
This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Twitter.
Learn energy-efficient lighting tips for your home that will help you save money.
Go green and create the ultimate eco-friendly home with products like low-flow toilets, energy-efficient appliances, green cleaning supplies, and more!
Learn about water conservation, including how to cut back on your household water consumption, tips on saving water, and more.
Find out how to pick an energy-efficient air conditioner and heater. Learn what to look for when buying eco-friendly heating and cooling systems.
Enjoy savings on your home with energy efficient insulation and live in a greener, more economical home.