2020 Customer Satisfaction Survey Contest Rules
Official Contest Rules
- Contest sponsor: RONA Inc. (“RONA”), doing business at 220 Chemin du Tremblay, Boucherville, QC, J4B 8H7, is the contest sponsor (“Contest sponsor”).
- Participating banners: RONA, Réno-Dépôt and Lowe’s.
- Eligibility: The Contest is open only to Canadian residents who have reached the age of majority in their particular province or territory at the time the entry form is submitted, except for employees, agents and representatives of the sponsor, its subsidiaries, affiliated divisions, other sponsors, advertising, promotional, Contest managers and judges, as well as others living at the same address.
- Agreement to Official Contest Rules: By participating in the Contest, you fully and unconditionally accept and agree to be bound by the Official Contest Rules and the decisions of the Contest Sponsor, administrators and judges, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest.
- Contest Period: The Contest begins at 12:00:01 a.m. on July 27, 2020 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. on January 29, 2021 (the “Contest Period”). All times indicated are Eastern Daylight Time (EDT).
- How to enter: There is only one way to enter this contest (described below).
- (i) Participation on invitation: by completing the survey received by email following an interaction with a Lowe’s Canada call center agent if an email address was provided, or following an online purchase on the transactional website of a Lowe’s Canada participating banner, or by completing the pop-up survey that may appear when visiting the Website of a Lowe’s Canada participating banner. To be eligible for the contest, all mandatory fields must be completed. Any person who completes the survey will be eligible to the draw of the current month only.
- (ii) Entry Limit: Only one entry per case opened with the customer service, or per transaction carried out online, or by visit on a Lowe’s Canada banner’s Website will be accepted. Additional entries will be disqualified. A person cannot use more than one email address to enter the Contest.
- Prizes: There are eighteen (18) prizes to win, that is, 6 RONA gift cards of $250 each accepted in all participating RONA stores or on rona.ca, 6 Réno-Dépôt gift cards of $250 each accepted in all participating Réno-Dépôt stores or on renodepot.com, and 6 Lowe’s gift cards of $250 each accepted in all participating Lowe’s stores or on lowes.ca. The total value of all prizes awarded in this Contest is $4,500.
Limit of one (1) prize per winner for the entire Contest Period.
The prize may not be transferred or redeemed for cash or credit. It must be accepted as awarded, no additions or substitutions allowed, except as determined by the Contest Sponsor, at its sole discretion. Except as expressly stated herein, confirmed winners are responsible for all applicable taxes, fees and surcharges, if any, with respect to his/her prize and/or the use thereof.
- Draws: A random draw will be held at 11:00 a.m. on the fifth business day of the month or the next working day if the 5th is a Saturday or a Sunday, for the months of August, September, October, November and December 2020, and January 2021, in order to determine three (3) winners of $250 in RONA, Réno-Dépôt or Lowe’s gift cards (1 gift card per banner, per month), at Ad Hoc Research’s offices located at 400 de Maisonneuve Blvd. West, Suite 1200, Montreal, among all eligible entries received during the Contest Period, by independent judges whose decision will be final and binding. Therefore, a draw from all the admissible entries received (i) between 12:01 a.m. (EDT) July 27, 2020 and 11:59 p.m. (EDT) August 28, 2020 will take place September 7, 2020, (ii) between 12:01 a.m. (EDT) August 29, 2020 and 11:59 p.m. (EDT) October 2, 2020 will take place October 5, 2020, (iii) between 12:01 a.m. (EDT) October 3, 2020 and 11:59 p.m. (EDT) October 30, 2020 will take place November 5, 2020, (iv) between 12:01 a.m. (EDT) October 31, 2020 and 11:59 p.m. (EDT) November 27, 2020 will take place December 7, 2020, (v) between 12:01 a.m. (EDT) November 28, 2020 and 11:59 p.m. (EDT) January 1st, 2020 will take place January 5, 2020, (vi) between 12:01 a.m. (EDT) January 2, 2021 and 11:59 p.m. (EDT) January 29, 2021 will take place February 5, 2021, respectively.
- Prize attribution: To be declared a confirmed winner, the selected entrant must:
- (i) be reached by phone or email, at the sole discretion of the Sponsor, within ten (10) working days after the draw. In the event that a selected entrant is reached by email, he/she will need to respond by complying with the provided instructions, when appropriate. Any prize notification email followed by a mention to the effect that the message could not be delivered will lead to the disqualification of the entrant and the selection of a new entrant. If a selected entrant cannot be contacted within the prescribed deadline, he/she automatically forfeits his/her prize and a new entrant can be selected;
- (i) sign and return to the Contest Sponsor within ten (10) business days of receiving it, a standard declaration of compliance with the Official Contest Rules. Failure to sign and return the Prize Acknowledgement form within ten (10) business days of receiving it will result in the forfeiture of the prize and the selection of another entrant.
Failure to meet one or more of these criteria herein or rejection of the prize will lead to automatic disqualification, and another draw will take place until a new entrant is selected and declared a winner.
As soon as possible following the receipt of the duly completed and signed declaration form, the prize will be sent to the winner by registered mail.
The Contest Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds or suspects to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Contest Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Contest Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Contest Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
For Québec residents, any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of an advertising contest in Québec may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux (the "Régie") for a ruling. For Québec residents, any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
Subject to the jurisdiction in Québec of the Régie, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to substitute a prize with one of equal or greater value, to cancel, terminate, amend or suspend the Contest and to amend the Contest without prior notice at any time and for any reason.
The Contest is subject to all applicable laws.
On demand, the name of the winner will be available and can be obtained by sending a written request in a self-addressed, postage-paid envelope to: RONA Inc., 220 Chemin du Tremblay, Boucherville, Quebec, J4B 8H7 for a 2-week period following the draw in question. The name of the winner will be mailed only when the winner has been confirmed by the Contest Sponsor.