Winter Garden Centre - Trees
Embrace the winter with the charm of cheerful seasonal plants—indoor and outdoor—in a variety of styles, colours, and sizes. From pretty poinsettias to live evergreens and more, Lowe's has all the plants and plant accessories you need to make the season bright. Get started!
- We CUT the base of your tree to ensure that it takes up water and stays fresh
- We BALE your tree to limit damage
- We LOAD your tree onto your vehicle for your convenience and safety
SEE IN-STORE FOR OUR FULL ASSORTMENT.
This season, Lowe's Garden Centres are carrying two species of evergreen tree in a variety of sizes, from traditional 5-6' trees to the majestic 8-9' fresh-cut deluxe Balsam Fir.
DELUXE CANADIAN BALSAM FIR
- Grown in Canada.
- Fresh, fragrant scent.
- Sturdy branches, dark green foliage.
- Available in four sizes: 5-6', 6-8', 8-9' and the NEW 2.5-3' Fresh-Cut Balsam Tree with Stand.*
- Excellent shape and needle retention.
- Soft needles, strong limbs.
- Rich dark blue-green colour.
- Long-lasting fragrance.
- Available in 8-9' size* and the
NEW 6-8' size.
GOT A BIG TREE? YOU NEED A BIG TREE STAND!
Get the ST. NICK'S CHOICE 20-in Plastic Swivel Tree Stand for 10-ft Trees
NEW! This delightful 2.5-3' Fresh-Cut Balsam Tree with Stand* is a space-efficient alternative to big trees.
Christmas cheer comes in all sizes!
*The 2.5-3' Fresh-Cut Balsam Tree with Stand and the 8-9' Fraser Fir are only available in selected Ontario locations. Tree stand may not be exactly as shown.
LIVE TREES: POSITIVE ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT
- Christmas tree plantations are environmentally sound and the benefits reach far beyond the farming community. Tree seedlings are lined in fields and left to mature for 10 years before the harvest begins. In that time, the trees provide a habitat for wildlife and help with soil retention.
- Christmas trees are recycled into mulch and used in landscaping and gardening.
- Each acre of Christmas trees provides oxygen for 18 people, constantly cleaning and renewing the air we breathe.
- In order to ensure a healthy supply of Christmas trees each year, growers must use sustainable farming techniques.For each tree harvested, one to three seedlings are planted the following spring, ensuring a healthy supply of trees.
HOW TO CHOOSE AND CARE FOR YOUR LIVE TREE
- When buying your tree, grasp a branch between your thumb and forefinger and run your fingers down the branch. If the tree is fresh, no more than 5-10 needles should come off in your hand, although a few more may come off in colder, dryer conditions.
- Store the tree in a cool, safe place, away from wind and rain, until it is ready to be brought indoors.
- Ensure your tree stand is large enough to hold four litres of water as well as the trunk of the tree.
- Ask a Lowe's associate to cut 1-2 cm off the tree stump. The cut must be no more than four hours old when you place your tree in water; otherwise sap will seal the cut and prevent water from hydrating the trunk. Use warm water the first time; this will allow sap to flow readily. Top up the water twice daily. Your tree will drink several litres of water every day for the first week or two after being cut!
- Your tree is 100% recyclable. Contact your municipality for recycling details.