Weekend Planning - Cottage Checklist
COTTAGE OPENING CHECKLIST
Heading to the cottage the first time this season? We've got the perfect checklist to help you open and inspect and prepare the place, so you can relax and enjoy sooner.
Before You Go:
- Call to turn back your electrical and phone services
- Check with your insurance company to make sure everything is up to date on the cottage and boat
- Gather your cleaning supplies, tools, batteries, first aid kit, filters and food
When You Get There:
- Outdoor Check - Inspect power lines, phone lines, trees, roof and eaves troughs, chimney, deck and dock, siding, windows and screens
- Inside Check: Inspect cupboards, closets and dressers for rodents. Inspect the ceiling and windows for leaks.
- Repair and fix any issues you noticed in your initial walkthrough. Call a professional when dealing with any electrical power lines
- Replace batteries in smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors
- Make sure fire extinguishers are charged
- Replace batteries in any flashlights
- Clean the eaves troughs
- Clear any large branches and rubbish from the building
- Replace any filters needed
- Open the windows and dust to let out old stale winter out
- Put away your belongings and get settled in to the cottage. It's time for dinner and a relaxing night under the stars
Looking to update your cottage space this year?
Or Shop Online and Get it Delivered to the Cottage