Tankless Water Heater Buying Guide
TANKLESS WATER HEATER BUYING GUIDE
HOW A TANKLESS WATER HEATER WORKS
- A hot water tap is opened.
- The water enters the heater.
- The water flow sensor detects the water flow.
- The computer automatically ignites the burner.
- The water circulates through the heat exchanger (coil).
- The heat exchanger instantly heats the water at the designated temperature (it only takes 5 seconds!).
- The heater provides you with continuous hot water. No more running out of hot water in the middle of your shower!
- When the hot water tap is turned off, the unit shuts down automatically.
BENEFITS OF A TANKLESS WATER HEATER
- ENDLESS HOT WATER When properly sized for the job at hand, a GSW powered by Takagi heater will supply a steady flow of hot water at the designated temperature for as long as needed.
- UP TO 50% ENERGY SAVINGS Not only does GSW powered by Takagi provide you with continuous endless hot water, it does it in the most energy-efficient way possible. Traditional tank-type water heaters constantly burn gas in order to maintain the set water temperature in the tank, even when water is not being used. With a GSW powered by Takagi tankless water heater, it only heats water when you need it. So when you're at work, sleeping, or on vacation and no one is at home, it's not wasting gas.
- SPACE SAVINGS Get up to 90% Space Savings vs. traditional water heaters. With no tank to steal valuable floor space, GSW powered by Takagi's wall-mounted design frees up your basement or utility room for additional storage and versatility.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTION
What is the difference between a condensing and non-condensing model? Condensing tankless water heaters are more efficient than non-condensing units. Water gets preheated with the exhaust heat in a condensing heater, lowering the exhaust temperature and increasing the efficiency.
Condensing models are slightly more efficient, however either model will save you money compared to a traditional water heater. Condensing units do cost more but as mentioned are more cost effective to install so depending on your vent run you can evaluate which model can better suit your needs.
Residental Tankless Water Heaters
GSW powered by Takagi offers tankless products to match the needs of today's average household.