Increase storage in a small kitchen by installing cabinets, open shelves, hooks and pegs in places that often get overlooked.
• Store dishware, glassware and utensils near the dishwasher or sink for ease in setting the table and washing.
• Use open racks to store plates vertically or glass-door cabinets for an eye-catching look.
• Show off dishes with wall-mounted plate hooks to create decorative displays as well as storage space.
• Turn glassware upside down, and hang from a rack under existing cabinets to keep clean while freeing up space. Fit drawers with adjustable dividers to organize and store flatware.
• Store cooking utensils near food-preparation areas, such a divided drawers or hooks, for easy access. Utilize over-the-door space by hanging a shelf and displaying dishes or china.
• Store oversized pots and pans in deep drawers with roomy storage. House lids in shallow drawers where they can easily be found.Shop Cabinet Organization
• Suspend a hanging rack from the ceiling to display and store pots and pans. Make sure the rack is high enough above the stove to prevent grease from coating them.Shop Hanging Racks
• Inset a Lazy Susan or pullout shelves in bottom cabinets to safely store bakeware and ceramic dishes.Shop Lazy Susans
• Store trays and baking sheets upright with dividers to make better use of narrow spaces.
• Create extra storage space for pans and cutting boards by installing a drawer in the toe-kick space between the cabinet and the floor.
• Place rows of tension curtain rods inside a cabinet to keep baking sheets and serving trays well organized.
• Keep items you use every day at hand on the counter or above it.
• Store items used less frequently in base cabinets with a Lazy Susan for easy removal.
• Attach items, like microwaves, coffee makers and can openers, under a cabinet if possible.
• Build a mini garage for appliances by framing the area between the bottom of the cabinet and the countertop, and fit it with a bifold door or tambour door.Shop Kitchen organization
• Store cookbooks and recipe cards in a food prep area for convenience.
• Keep cookbooks on open shelves or in built-in storage areas of your island.
• Install a hanging cookbook rack under a cabinet to prevent stains from spills.
• Organize individual recipe cards into plastic sleeves that can be bound in a notebook and stored with other cookbooks.
• Bring a bookcase into your kitchen, and top with a stone surface, such as granite, for cookbook storage as well as additional counter space.
• Store linens in an armoire or chest.
• Allow air to circulate freely.
• Keep tablecloths and napkins in the dinning room to make more room in the kitchen.Armoires Trunks
• Organize your pantry with slide-out shelves.
• Provide enough space for smaller items, like spices and oils, so they don't get lost.Shop Spice Racks
• Store canned food in a cool, dry place. Discard it if it hasn't been used within two years.
• Store staples, like flour and sugar, in airtight canisters with labels.Shop Canisters
• Divide your pantry into zones for different items to keep organized.
• Add adjustable shelves to customize your pantry.
• Install roll-out shelves in deep or narrow spaces.
• Attach a tiered door rack on the back of the pantry door to increase capacity.
• Free up counter space by using drawer bins or baskets to store larger items.
• Install slide-out utility baskets so that items don't get lost in the back of deep cabinets.
• Insert an under-sink storage shelf that fits around plumbing.
• Keep sponges and scrubbing brushes in convenient tip-out trays at the front of your sink.
• Drape dishtowels and rags on hooks on the inside of cabinet doors.
• Mount paper towels under a cabinet near the sink.
• Mount hangers designed to hold brooms and mops in a narrow cabinet or closet.
• Fit a cabinet with a rolling shelf to allow easy and discreet access to a trashcan.
These appliances may be small, but they're still powerful and take up a lot less space than your other cleaning tools.
BISSELL 94V5C Handheld Vacuum CleanerBuy Now
BISSELL 33A1C Handheld Vacuum CleanerBuy Now
Dyson DC35 Digital SlimBuy Now
Dyson DC45 Animal Vacuum CleanerBuy Now