1. SPACE FILLERS: Store stuffed animals, pillows and blankets in trash bags and use them to cushion breakable items in the moving truck.
2. NO HEAVY LIFTING: Store heavy items like books in suitcases with wheels to avoid lifting.
3. GARBAGE BAG PACKING: Keep clothing on their hangers and simply place a garbage bag over your group of hangers to keep everything together for a simple move from one closet to the next.
4. FIRST NIGHT: Pack a box for the first night you'll be in your new home. Include toilet paper, the coffee pot, dishes, utensils and basic cleaning supplies.
5. COLOUR CODE EVERYTHING: Use colour labels to mark boxes by room. Red for the kitchen, blue for the living room and so on.
6. PHOTOGRAPH ELECTRONIC HOOK-UPS: Eliminate the guesswork with trying to figure out which cord goes where. Take a picture of how electronics are hooked up for an effortless connection.