Turn a metal duct fitting into a jolly snowman decoration in only a few hours.
4-in-to-3-in duct reducer, #36407
Scotch duct tape, red, #369273
3/8-in felt pads, 84-count, oatmeal color, #54064
Standard wire connectors, pack of 25, #49645
Valspar spray paint: flat white and high-gloss black
1. Wash the duct reducer in grease-dissolving detergent, rinse, and dry thoroughly. Mask off the inside area at the top and bottom with painter’s tape and paper. Then spray-paint the entire duct reducer flat white and let dry. Leave the inside tape and paper in position.
2. On the outside of the duct reducer, mask everything below the top bead on the narrow end with painter’s tape and paper. Spray-paint the top portion black. Remove the tape and paper from the reducer.
3. Spray-paint one sheet of the felt pads black and let dry.
4. Wrap the bottom section of the duct reducer with one layer of red duct tape, positioning the seam at the back near the seam in the duct reducer.
Good to Know: We used red duct tape, but other colours and patterns are available.
5. About 1 inch below the black painted area (the hat), use super glue to fasten a wire connector to the duct reducer for a nose.
6. Using the nose as an anchor point, create the eyes and mouth by sticking black-painted felt pads on the reducer as shown.
Products and prices may change; check your local Lowe’s store for details
Almost any do-it-yourself project involves risk of some sort. Your tools, materials, and skill will vary, as will the conditions of your project site. Lowe’s Companies Inc., and its subsidiaries ("Lowe’s") have made every effort to be complete and accurate in the instructions and other content contained in this publication. However, neither Lowe’s nor the publisher will assume any responsibility or liability for damages or losses sustained or incurred in the course of your home improvement or repair project or in the course of your use of the item you create or repair. Always follow the manufacturer’s operating instructions in the use of tools, check and follow your local building codes, and observe all standard safety precautions. Prices and supply may vary, so check the cost of materials and labour in your area before beginning any home improvement project. We strive to be accurate, but unintentional errors may occur and we reserve the right to correct any error. See a Lowe’s store for information regarding product warranties and any available protection plans. All prices, products and promotions are limited to Canada locations only.