How To Maintain Gas Outdoor Power Equipment
- Check oil level regularly; fill to mark on dipstick, DO NOT OVERFILL
- Change oil after first 5 hours of use, then at the beginning of the season
- Replace air cleaners at least once a season with original parts, more often under dusty conditions
- Changing your air filters assures optimum performance and maximum protection for your engine
- Use clean, fresh, unleaded gas, no E85
- Do not mix oil with gas
- Fuel stabilizer assures fuel freshness and easier starting
- Replace spark plug at the beginning of every season and/or every 100 hours of use
- Use fuel stabilizer to prevent stale gas over storage period
- Drain engine oil and refill
- Pour 1/2oz. (14ml) oil into spark plug hole
- Replace spark plug and crank engine slowly
- Clean dirt from engine and store in clean, dry area
product maintenance schedule
Follow the hourly or calendar intervals, whichever occurs first. More frequent service is required when operating in dirty or dusty conditions.
*Change oil filter after first 5 hours of use, then after 50 hours or every season.
**Paper cartridge without foam pre-cleaner.
tune-up kits make it easy
A tune-up kit. All parts you need for regular maintenance.
- Spark Plugs
- Air Filter
- Fuel Stabilizer
*Some kits may include an oil or fuel filter.