Holidays - Trees + Tree Decor
'Tis the season to decorate—indoors and out! Welcome the festive season with Lowe's great selection of lights, décor, trees, inflatables, and more. Don't you want to be that house on the block? Captivate your guests—and the entire neighbourhood—with this year's selection of holiday stuff. Get started now:
A beautifully-lit evergreen, whether real of artificial, is a must for the festive season.
Get your tree at Lowe's! Read on to find exactly what you're looking for in trees and tree décor...
and you'll even find some decorating tips below!
Shop All Christmas Trees
- *Only at Lowe's* All our indoor-only artificial trees come with a stand and a foot pedal—so you can easily turn the lights on and off.
- Our trees come in a range of sizes, with heights ranging from miniature (4-ft.) to gigantic (12-ft.)!
- Many of our pre-lit artificial trees are strung from inside the tree's central rod, so that lights are distributed evenly and wiring is hidden from view.
Explore the Artificial Christmas Tree Guide!
Explore our downloadable
2015 Tree Guide here
6' and Under
Shop All Small Trees
No greenery on this modern and minimalistic tree! Only elegant white beaded branches and the warm glow of white LED lights.
They're our biggest trees ever! Stretch your
décor all the way to your high ceilings with
our magnificent 10.5-foot and 12-foot trees
—available in clear or colour-changing lights.
Attention, city-dwellers: don't have a lot of room
in your condo or apartment? Get a slim tree!
These 7.5-foot tall beauties add a space-efficient
Want the décor without the time investment?
You've got your work cut out for you with this
pre-lit, frosted, and pinecone-adorned tree.
- Look for the ConstantON® feature, which ensures that tree lights continue to operate even if a bulb is burned out or loose.
- Just Cut® needles are artificial evergreen needles that are formatted to look like those of a live tree.
- Artificial trees have traditionally been moulded out of PVC (polyvinyl chloride), but this year, look for trees made from PE (polyethylene), which is a better-quality material and makes needles look more like those of a live tree.
Once you've chosen a Christmas tree, you'll decorate it with
Shop All Ornaments
unique and charming ornaments that reflect your style and your décor. From rustic to modern to whimsical, Lowe's has a wide selection of ornaments featuring something for every home.
Which one's right for you?
This Tree is decorated with:
- Holiday Living
2.5" X 30' Ribbon
- 32 Count 60MM Round
Gold & Red Ornament Set
- 34 Count Red & Cold
- 30 Count ShatterProof
- Holiday Living 12" Star
- The most important first step is to 'fluff' the tree. You can do this by pulling branches away from each other. Adjust them so
they aren't too close and bunched in clusters. This will make the tree look fuller and also give you more room to hang ornaments.
Do this all around the tree and don't leave any large gaps.
- Secure your garland: in an inconspicuous spot at the top of the tree, tie a knot around the base of a branch. Once the ribbon
is secured, create a loop by twisting the ribbon around a lower branch (around 10-12" away from the first knot) to hold the ribbon
in place. Ensure there is space between the ribbon loop and the tree itself to create volume. There are many different ways to
configure your ribbon around the tree (diagonal, vertical, horizontal, etc.)
- Creative idea: alternate ribbons with contrasting colours. Remember to select 2-3 colours for the theme of your tree, and try
to use ribbons in those colours. Shiny and glittery ribbons work best with more dressed-up trees and natural ribbons with
natural motifs are best used with trees that have a more rustic look.
- There are generally three different types of ornaments: themed, accent, and core. Themed ornaments are typically figural
baubles like icons and holiday characters in highly-detailed, embellished shapes. These should be distributed evenly. Accent
ornaments are simplified shapes, forms, and silhouettes that can be placed between themed ornaments. Core ornaments come
in plain, solid colours and they should fill the bulk of your tree. Make sure to place core ornaments on all areas of the tree's
branches, including interior sections closer to the trunk.
- Secure the tree topper to the top of the tree by nestling it within the branches. A great way to give the topper more prominence
is to make a bauble garland by threading a couple of ornaments on metal wire and securing it around the base of the tree topper.
- You can also add a ribbon bow behind the tree topper. Make six to eight 8" loops of ribbon and then secure the bow at the centre.
Do this until you have a few loops and then fluff them by pulling loops apart. If you have extra tails just cut the ends on a
diagonal and let them hang down the tree.
Voila! You've got a perfectly splendid decorated tree.
Now, all that's left to do it step back and admire your creation. Happy Holidays!