Use paver patio blocks to build a fire pit your family will love all year.
Install Your Fire Pit
1. Dig a 45-inch-by-45-inch round hole 6 inches deep. The first course is buried to provide greater stability.
2. Once the hole is dug and level, pour in paver base about 3 inches deep, and tamp until well compacted.
3. Lay the first course, levelling as each stone is placed. Use the remaining base to level and fill in the first course.
4. Rotate the pattern for each course so that you stagger the course underneath. Use landscape adhesive on each course if desired. (Note: This will require more than 2 tubes of adhesive.) Check for level after each course. (images for this titled courses)
5. After the fourth course has been set, lay the fire pit insert on top. You won't need to anchor or glue the fire pit to the stones.
Good to Know
Wall block sizes vary by style and market. Use the quantity in the material list as a guide. Also, when purchasing wall block, remember that some block has an interlocking lip on the bottom for use in retaining walls, not stacked block projects.
There will be 16 block on each course.
Courses 2 and 4 will be staggered from courses 1 and 3.