1. Make bubble solution by mixing a half cup of water, a half cup of dishwashing liquid, and one tablespoon of vegetable oil. (Multiply these quantities to make the amount of solution you'll need.) Allow the mixture to sit overnight before using.
2. Drill a hole sized to the diameter of your wire (about 1/16") into the end of a dowel. Make the hole as deep as your bitwill go.
3. Cut a 5' piece of 14-gauge wire and straighten it as much as possible. Apply glue to the hole, insert one end of the wire into the hole, and let dry.
4. Form the shape of a loop using gentle curves, and bring the other end of the wire back to the handle. Wrap that end around the wire where it enters the dowel and then around the end of the dowel. Check the end for sharp edges and cover with duct or electrical tape, if necessary.
5. Pour the bubble solution into a shallow tray such as a saucer-shape sled or water heater pan. (A 20" pan with the drain hole plugged works well but requires a large amount of bubble solution.)