BBQ Buying Guide - BBQs + Grills
Natural and Propane Gas Grills
- Can be fuelled by removable/refillable tank or a fixed gas line.
- Burn clean and require less cleanup as a result.
- Quick to ignite and reach cooking temperature; easy temperature control.
- Average highest heat outputs:
- The typical 20lb cylinder of propane can last around 9 hours depending on usage.
- Options include multiple burners, side burners and rotisserie burners.
- Charcoal briquettes or lava rock can be used to mimic the flavour created by
- Lump or bricket charcoal is the primary fuel source in these units.
- Hailed as the most authentic form of grilling by BBQ connoisseurs due to the smoky flavours that can only be created with charcoal.
- Can cook at either very high intense heat or low simmering heat.
- Ceramic charcoal grills offer an efficient and long lasting burn.
- Can utilize wood chips and other materials to mimic the effect of a smoker.
- A pound of charcoal can produce roughly 9,000 BTUs an hour and, depending on
the brand, can burn for up to 12 hours.
- Produces fewer flare-ups than gas units as drippings are caught in charcoal pores.
- A versatile alternative when a gas or charcoal BBQ is not accessible—
for instance in an apartment or city dwelling.
- Small, compact, often portable and lightweight.
- No open flame, reducing the danger of fire.
- Reach cooking temperature quickly; offer a consistent grilling surface
- Produce no fumes or smoke, so cooking can be done inside as well as outside.
- One of the biggest new trends in the overall increase in popularity of outdoor living projects. Stunning and impressive, outdoor kitchens are also very low-maintenance due to the durability of stainless steel and other finishes.
- Customize your own fully-equipped outdoor kitchen by selecting your grill, side burners, doors and drawers, tank bins, ice machines, refrigerators, sinks, and more!
- An ideal solution for those who grill often (or large amounts), an outdoor kitchen can also significantly increase your space and resources as your home and family grow.
- A great everyday alternative to indoor cooking during the summertime, when interior kitchens can heat up your home.
- An outdoor kitchen can potentially increase the value of your home, and will undoubtedly impress prospective buyers.
- Tip: if your outdoor kitchen is in an enclosed area, consider adding an exhaust hood.
Want to install natural gas lines into your home and to your gas grill? Call Lowe's Installation Services, and a Professional
Installer will inspect your space to ensure a safe and efficient installation. And if you already have a propane-fuelled barbeque,
you may be able to convert it to natural gas. Ask a Lowe's associate or contact your grill's manufacturer for a conversion kit.