Return and Refund Policy for Online Purchases
We hope you love what you ordered, but if something isn't right, let us know. If you receive an item you’re dissatisfied with, you may return it within 90 days** of receipt to any Lowe’s store in Canada for a refund to your original tender within our current return policy guidelines. Bring the item(s) with a copy of your shipping confirmation email to the Returns Desk at your local Lowe’s store.
Online returns can also be made by calling toll free 1-888-98-LOWES (56937) and speaking with one of our customer service representatives who will email you a Return Authorization number to return product along with a label for a hassle-free no cost return.
Shipping charges are not refundable.
Please report items that are damaged, defective or missing within 3 days of delivery. Contact us toll free at 1-888-98-LOWES (56937)
**30 Days for Outdoor Power Equipment, Major Appliances, and Furniture.
Outdoor power equipment, major appliances, and furniture purchases may be returned within 30 days of the date of receipt, with the original receipt. Outdoor power equipment includes mowers, chain saws, generators, pressure washers and more. Major appliances include refrigerators 9 cubic feet or larger, washing machines, dryers, range hoods and more. Lowe's will repair it, replace it or refund the purchase price based on the original method of payment. Furniture includes bedroom furniture, living room furniture, dining room furniture, bar furniture, entertainment furniture and more.
Products must be like-new condition in order to receive a refund. Items still covered by the manufacturer’s warranty will be repaired at no cost to the customer. Repairs not covered under warranty are the responsibility of the customer.
Return Policy for In Store Purchases
Customer satisfaction is our goal, but if you are not completely satisfied with your purchase simply return the merchandise to any Lowe’s store in Canada within 90 days.* We, in our discretion, will repair it, replace it, or, based on your method of payment, refund your money.
For returns with valid receipts, we will refund:
- Cash if your purchase was made with cash.
- A credit to your debit card if your purchase was made with a debit card.
- In-store credit if your purchase was made with a cheque less than 8 days ago.
- Cash or in-store credit, depending on cheque system approval, if your purchase was made with a cheque 8 to 15 days ago.
- Cash if your purchase was made with a cheque more than 15 days ago.
- A credit to your credit card if your purchase was made with a credit card.
- In-store credit if your purchase was made with an in-store credit or gift card.
- A credit to your Lowe’s Account Receivable (LAR) if your purchase was charged to your LAR.
For returns without valid receipts:
- In most instances, your receipt can be retrieved by using the original credit card, chequing account number, or by your phone number.
- In-store credit may be issued for the item’s current selling price.
- Lost or stolen gift cards can only be replaced for the remaining balance by presenting the original receipt.
Lowe’s reserves the right to refuse and limit the number of returns permitted without valid receipts.
*30 days on Major Appliances (including but not limited to Refrigerators 9 cubic feet or larger, Washing Machines, Dryers, and Range Hoods),Outdoor Power Equipment (including, but not limited to, Mowers, Chainsaws, Snowthrowers, Generators, Pressure Washers, Trimmers and Blowers). Highway Trailer returns must occur in original Province of purchase with original paperwork. For Major Appliances, see front of receipt for additional terms.
Excludes merchandise in Installation Services programmes — see contract for details. No returns for purchases made with cheques will be made if you have outstanding cheques with Lowe’s. Lowe’s may require valid picture ID (Driver’s License or other photo I.D. acceptable to Lowe’s) for any return. Lowe’s stores use refund and cheque verification systems. All returns are subject to system approvals. Valid picture ID information or phone number may be entered into these systems where authorized by law.
These remedies are your exclusive remedies. All other remedies are hereby excluded. All warranties and conditions, express or implied, including the implied warranties and conditions of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose are expressly excluded. The exclusions herein are subject to and may be limited by applicable law and you may have additional rights which vary from province to province.