The kitchen is the most used room in your home and the easiest to get dirty and messy... so, start with the kitchen!
A well-organized kitchen will remain clutter-free. Lowe's has a wide array of Kitchen Organization to help fit your needs - racks and pull out baskets in a variety of sizes and colours seamlessly fit into your kitchen the way that works best for you!
When cleaning a ceramic tile back-splash, try wiping it down with a sponge dampened with warm water and a bit of rubbing alcohol - it has low toxicity so no need to rinse and will dry spot-free.
Countertops should be cleaned based on the surface type. Laminate can be cleaned using a mixture of warm water and vinegar. Granite and Marble can be cleaned using cleaning solutions designed for these surfaces.
From hardwood to shag carpet, we have a wide variety of vacuums to make cleanup quick.
We carry the top vacuum brands here on www.lowes.ca and at your closest Lowe's store.
- Sweeping your floor daily can help minimize dirt accumulation and future cleaning time.
- For sticky stains, a simple mixture of hot water and vinegar can be used. If you have linoleum or wood floors, use a regular mopping solution designed for these surfaces.
Take control of your closet and drawers, and make good use of the space you have!
From closet organization to storage bins, to decorative storage cabinets to drawer organization, and even kids cubbies and storage Lowe's has creative and fashionable storage solutions for your everyday needs!
- Time to break out your Spring/Summer clothing - storing away your warmer clothing will give your closet a cleaner look and feel. Take this time to get rid of items you never wear.
- Invest in closet organizers such as shelving, baskets and shoe racks.
- Dust any corners and shelves using your vacuum or duster cloths.
At Lowe's, we know how important it is to utilize the space in your home, including your garage! It is not just a place to park your car; it is a place to show off your organizational skills!
The Laundry room is not just another room tucked away in a tiny nook it can be located on your main floor with your kitchen or in a roomy basement. To avoid clutter, here are some convenient storage solutions we have at Lowe's!
Start off with pedestals & stacking kits to reduce the footprint of your laundry room and to store your cleaning products. Keeping your laundry room organized with our assortment of hampers & drying racks should keep your room neat and tidy.
Tips & Tricks
Giving Your Home a Good Clean
- Take the time to plan out your Spring Cleaning so that you can tackle the tasks quickly and hassle free, i.e. room by room, chore by chore, indoors vs. outdoors, etc.
- Work from the top to bottom so you can easily vacuum or sweep up any accumulated dirt on the floor.
- Be aware of all the hard to reach areas or small crevices that are usually ignored, like the top of a ceiling fan or vents (registers).
Dusting Corners & Shelves
- Take the time to remove books and décor from your shelves so you can thoroughly dust the surface completely.
- Use Duster clothes made with microfiber or textured fibers. For an extra clean surface pair with Dusting sprays otr polishes - be sure to test it out first, so you do not damage the surface.
- For hard to reach corners and angles, try using brush attachments on a vacuum.
Cleaning Carpets & Walls
- Carpets and rugs with a waterproof backing can be cleaned using shampoo and a steam cleaner, however if there is no backing, it should be professionally cleaned.
- Smaller rugs can be shaken outside and then vacuumed to remove remaining dust and dirt.
- A solvent-free degreaser can help to remove tougher grimes and stains on your Walls - be sure to test it out first, so you do not damage the surface.
Cushions & Pillows
- Cushions can be shaken outside and then vacuumed to remove remaining dust and dirt.
- For harder to remove stains, a steam cleaner should be used.
- Wipe the glass starting in the upper corners using a lint-free cloth and glass cleaning solution, repeating if necessary - be sure to choose a time when the sun is not shining directly onto the Windows, as the heat can cause streaks when using a cleaning solution.
- Clean Window screens using warm water, mild dishwashing liquid and a small brush or old toothbrush.
- Curtains and draperies can be machine washed or dry cleaned, based on the material and cleaning instructions on the label.
- Wooden blinds can be wiped with a dampened cloth, while metal or vinyl binds can be cleaned using a mixture of warm water and mild dishwashing liquid.
- This cement-based material between wall, floor and countertop tiles can be cleaned using specially formulated Grout cleaners and a small brush or an old toothbrush (so you can really get in between the tiles).
- In order to protect these areas from future dirt, you can apply a penetrating Grout sealer.
Waxing Wooden Furniture
- Use a dampened cloth to remove any dust or dirt.
- Apply a Wax polish to surface using a cotton cloth and let dry (follow the instructions on label).
- For thorough coverage, work in small areas at a time.
- A liquid polish should be used for medium-tarnished surfaces.
- For harder to clean stains, a stronger polish can be used which comes in the form of a paste or cream (follow instructions on label).